Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Do i need injectors?

done abit of reading lately as looking to start doing some mods to my burg.

some people say injectors are a must for any sort of tuning (im looking for about 230)

my local tuner recons he can get it to 230 with a basic map (no hardware mods needed)

i just dont know weather to go local or go to rabbid or courts but they alot more expesive and wont produce the same bhp as my local tuner has claimed ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

all advice appriciated

Who is the tuner?

In fact don't answer that please, saves dragging someone's name through mud. There are plenty of generic flash maps out there claiming 230bhp, do some more home work and decide for yourself, but why do the likes of the best mappers in the Country insist on injectors along with hardware additions to get to those figures?.

Your car mate but I would strongly advise to do it properly.
    Last edited by churchwxm; 7th April 2017 at 04:57 PM.

yh last thing u want is getting a remap getting to 230 brake then bits start going wrong cos of the power u might end up wishing u left it as it was lol

like above id say look into a bit more and dont just look at figures.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by churchwxm View Post
    Who is the tuner?

In fact don't answer that please, saves dragging someone's name through mud. There are plenty of generic flash maps out there claiming 230bhp, do some more home work and decide for yourself, but why do the likes of the best mappers in the Country insist on injectors along with hardware additions to get to those figures?.

Your car mate but I would strongly advise to do it properly.
    thats exactly what im saying you boys know what sort of figures SM Tuning offer?

My advise would be get it done by someone who knows the cars inside out with all the correct hardware to safely run that sort of hp on a corsa. Plus don't chase bhp figures, that's just pub talk, it's the way the car drives after what is the main thing.

VXR enough

Read this;

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/cors.../info_229.html

In summary, strictly speaking no you don't need injectors for ~230bhp (plus supporting mods) if your standard ones are in good nick.

But how will you know unless they are brand new or you have already wasted money on a rolling road session?

Getting uprated injector is the safest option and will give more headroom for other mods later on, even if they become clogged.

Maybe years ago when the "D" was a current model and everything was new it was a different story but now it'd be silly to take the risk, its not a lot for uprated ones anyway.
    Last edited by u33db; 7th April 2017 at 07:44 PM.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Personally I wouldn't do it without injectors, and 230bhp with no supporting mods sets alarm bells ringing for me. Some people are running stage 3 hardware and running around 230-240.

As someone else said though, numbers are more of a bragging tool. I've given some bigger power stuff a shock with mine, and also pleasantly surprised myself!. It's how it drives more than anything.

I would highly recommend you go to a reputable tuner such as Courts, RS tuning, WG / Rabbid etc.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Closed Thread