Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair_ View Post
    I'd recommend changing the clutch if you're getting the gearbox done. If you plan to keep the car for a while then it will save you labour costs in the future getting the gearbox taken out again, might as well fit a new one while its out and pay one bill. I had my gearbox bearings, clutch, flywheel, and slave done at 45k miles; everything was on its way out lol! Its not unheard of either of clutches/flywheels packing it in with less miles as well.
    I had flywheel screech when moving off in first, it was there from 36k and I drove on for another 20k but it never went pop. When the box came off it was rocking ever so slightly. Even if it looks OK I'd change it anyway at 46k, it makes sense whilst it's in bits. That way it's unlikely he'll ever need to do it again whilst he has the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Markandjess View Post
    Same pistons and rods for the engines. I can get a guy who sells em iirc £750 or he can rebuild for £1600 or £2200 if you need a rebore.
    Can also get gearbox pulled and rebuilt for £500 with 2 years parts and labour warranty so you don't have to worry again,
    You could fit pistons and rods yourself. If you need the builder hes located in wrexham which isn't a huge distance from you.
    Who's your guy?

The guy he's on about is on Facebook mate, did you get his details?

VXR enough

Do your research before going off forum recommendations. Without dragging up the past I wouldn't use the Wrexham place if it's the one I'm thinking about.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2