+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Knocking noise when accelerating and braking

Hi there had my car about a week now. When I accelerate with normal driving I get about 3 clunks/knocks and then goes silent. Then when I brake to a stop or just slowing I get the same noise. I have a small Kirb in front of my house and I can make the clunk noise happen as I push in to Kirb and as car rolls back I brake and get the clunks. If any of you guys have an idea what it is or had the problem it would be great to know what you say thanks. My car is a 2013 astra j vxr
    Last edited by Mountainmart; 14th April 2017 at 07:38 PM.

VXRed blooded

Could be anything on the suspension or drive side of the vehicle check the two bolts just on the cross member near the exhaust flexi if these are loose it will allow the whole sub fame to move .

VXR enough

Get it inspected asap

VXRed

My gtc is doing the same, only happens when i accelerate like happened on yours!
    Did you find a solution?
    Thank you

VXR newbie

I had the same problem with my car, it started with a knock when accelerating every now and then, then after a while it started doing it when slowing down, then eventually was doing it all the time. I took it to Warren at W G Motorworks and he checked it out and reckoned it was a diff problem. Ended up with a new gearbox, stage 2 clutch and solid flywheel conversion. Warren stripped the old gearbox down and found the diff plates where worn and sticking together which what was causing the noise.

+ Reply to Thread