+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Boost cut at 3,000 rpm

Hi people. I'm getting boost cut at roughly 3,000rpm but when I get passed that the car tries too boost again at 3,500rpm but then dies again.

I only brought the car the other day to find out it's been totally de-cated which is why the engine management light is on (I've checked this by plugging it in at work also)

Could the boost cut be anything to do with the car being de-cared at all without it being re-mapped?

It should run fine decatted on a standard map. I reckon you're looking at a couple of possibilities..
    It just needs new spark plugs/servicing.
    It's mapped for some mods which have been removed.
    It's had mods and map removed but they've done a half arsed job putting the standard parts back on.

VXRed

I will check the service history when I get back home. I'm away in London untill 2moro

But I think you might be right about it being previously mapped to mods that have now been removed. It has the cross over boost pipe on which I had too tighten up as looked like it had been refitted (poorly)

I will give it a good service and where would be the best place to take it for a map?

Can you list the error codes that came up?
    Exhaust might well be leaking also and messing up lambda readings on sensor 1.
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

I can't remember the codes. I will plug it back in when I get back home. All I remember was it sayin sensor 1 and 2 as the exhaust has been decatted, even the Pre cat has been taken out. I will check for boost leaks and exhaust leaks. Givin it a good service also. I do think the previous owner had mods on it and has swapped it back over too standard but done a poor job in doin so also. Well I hope anyway lol. It's the climate control that's really bothering me.

VXR enough

I had an identical problem with my J. It turned out to be the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator was malfunctioning and had to be replaced (under warranty, luckily). The dealer read the error code as P0010 (00). Hope that helps and you get sorted soon.

VXRed

Right guys. I've sorted this problem out... yes it was down too the previous owner doing a piss poor job removing mods and putting it back to standard. He only left the vacuum pipe off that goes to the recirc valve. Popped it on and the cheap and nasty boost gauge he's also fitted sits at -30 on idle now. Was only sitting on -15 to -20.

VXRed

Well bad news. Got all that done and it's still doing it. It's like the recirc valve is openin up while I got the throttle down then closing again then opening back up. If I turn the car off and back on, it boosts like a biatch but then cuts out and carries on like that for the rest of the journey. Are these recirc dump valves controlled electronically?? And is there anyway to bypass it?

How high is the boost going before it cuts? Could be the wastegate is sticking/jammed/incorrectly adjusted..

VXRed

Ok I've now found out exactly what it is (yay). The plastic boost pipe that runs down the right side of the engine, there's a sensor on it (I'm guessing a boost pressure sensor). I've just disconnected that and it now pulls like a train again so it's obviously faulty. It must of been reading that it's over boosting so then cutting the fuelling in and out

+ Reply to Thread