+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    VXRed Antonyjamr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th March 2017
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Is 5w-30 still the right oil now it's been forged?

  2. #12
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    26th February 2015
    Posts
    586

    Default

    sounds like top end clatter to me.
    what was the condition of the lifter bores? these can get badly scored when metal fragment go through an engine.
    you say 1 of the valve clearances was tight? why is it tight,what were valve clearances and is there any sign of lobe wear?

  3. #13
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    27th November 2013
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonyjamr View Post
    Is 5w-30 still the right oil now it's been forged?
    I thought this too, was told to use 5-40 millers nano drive

  4. #14
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    27th November 2013
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    sounds like top end clatter to me.
    what was the condition of the lifter bores? these can get badly scored when metal fragment go through an engine.
    you say 1 of the valve clearances was tight? why is it tight,what were valve clearances and is there any sign of lobe wear?
    Was pretty bad from metal wear

    I'm going to take top end off again re-inspect, I got the clearance and tolerance numbers now so gonna see what they all are and make sure there all correct

    Prob new head gasket and bolts now awhhh

  5. #15
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    26th February 2015
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drink-diesel View Post
    Was pretty bad from metal wear

    I'm going to take top end off again re-inspect, I got the clearance and tolerance numbers now so gonna see what they all are and make sure there all correct

    Prob new head gasket and bolts now awhhh
    sounds like your head may be scrap but i cant see why this wasnt picked up.

  6. #16
    VXR enough Craig 522's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th February 2013
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    just throwing this out there..... wood for the trees etc

    have you checked your ac compressor? That makes the car sound like sh1te

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    27th November 2013
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig 522 View Post
    just throwing this out there..... wood for the trees etc

    have you checked your ac compressor? That makes the car sound like sh1te

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    nah not checked this, will add to the list to check over again, never know might be a problem as well as a shagged head haha! thanks

  8. #18
    VXRed blooded
    Join Date
    27th November 2013
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    sounds like your head may be scrap but i cant see why this wasnt picked up.
    It is looking like a damaged head still, thanks for viewing my video majority have said its @focked! lol

  9. #19
    VXR enough A Sad Napkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th July 2015
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    That doesn't sound right.

    When I had my Astra VXR rebuilt, relined and a new cylinder, fully forged. It sounds fine. All I can hear is the injectors.

    Did you change the lifters? What oil you using? 5w 40 is recommended.

    See if you can get a new head.
    Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Goodyears X4 Miltek Catback @ 245BHP

  10. #20
    VXRacing ahead Kingsxfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21st July 2014
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knight vxr View Post
    I was wondering if they had the cams out then took lifters out and not put them back in correct order.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it, should not sound like that at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts