+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Team dynamics issue, need anyone with 1.2s help please

Got a major issue with some team dynamics 1.2s and I'm at boiling point with demon tweaks about it. I will post a full step by step of my issues and the back story of the past three weeks when my kids are in bed but I need to get the ball rolling otherwise my head is going to explode.

A basic version is the wheels I have been supplied with haven't had the centre bore machined out enough. So there is a 2mm gap between the hub race and the wheel.
    Apparently a common thing on Vauxhalls and they are sending me out some 3mm spacers.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Mine run spigot rings. I think that's the way that demon tweeks supply them.

I never bought mine but I have a receipt from the previous owner for them from demon tweeks. You will be fine with them.

I actually lost one of my spigot rings when I pulled the wheel off a few weeks ago, I got terrible wheel wobble and thought the balancing was out. Was then that the garage told me one was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spigot rings as well. The issue is the depth of the centre hole. The wheel is tightening up onto the locating part of the hub instead of the face of the hub/disc.

I can literally put my debit card inbetween my wheel and my brake disc.
    Last edited by grantvxr; 18th April 2017 at 07:07 PM.

Demon tweeks must have supplied you with the wrong wheels then.
    Personally I would send them back and get a full refund from Demon Tweeks and order a set direct from TD machined to the correct specs.

it seems unacceptable that they have sent wheels that don't fit and their solution is to throw some spacers on it.

Back when I got mine I ordered them via Bo Neilsen from Team Dynamics (Rimstock LTD) and they were ordered to spec. correct centre bore, correct pcd and my chosen offset of ET27. No spigots and No spacers required!

VXR newbie

Yeah a few people are haveing the same problem one of my Mates put 5mm spacers on and it sorted it before it sounded like the brakes were catching

VXR enough

Oh dear though those wheels were the dogs danglies

VXRed blooded

I bought a set from tweeks a few weeks ago, ET40 and PCD 5x110 fits no issues.

+ Reply to Thread