+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed blooded

Default Exhaust Centre Heatshield

Is this even required? What does it protect? Mine's hanging down and in a attempt to fit bigger washers to it i've sheared 2 bolts (because vauxhall must supply bolts made of paper) but managed to secure it a bit better on the 3rd one.

Gonna have to take it to my local garage to get it sorted if it does actually protect something or, depending on replies, I might just remove it at home, shearing the rest of the bolts as well, more than likely anyway.
    Last edited by offender; 19th April 2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Astra H VXR | Stage 3 | 304 Bhp | Whiteline RARB | AEM cone filter | Direct Route | Airtec front mount intercooler | Cobra Sport 3" Exhaust non-resonated + Sports cat

Regional Assistant - Scotland West

I'm sure it was said before that it prevents heat build up inside the car.mine was loose aswell and same happened to me sheared the bolts.so now it's on solid with a blob of silicone
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by f1slikki View Post
    I'm sure it was said before that it prevents heat build up inside the car.mine was loose aswell and same happened to me sheared the bolts.so now it's on solid with a blob of silicone
    Thought about using silicone but was concerned it may melt/come loose with heat from the exhaust.
    Astra H VXR | Stage 3 | 304 Bhp | Whiteline RARB | AEM cone filter | Direct Route | Airtec front mount intercooler | Cobra Sport 3" Exhaust non-resonated + Sports cat

Regional Assistant - Scotland West

Someone on here said that's what they done so thought I'd give it a go,been over 6 months now with no issues.
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

+ Reply to Thread