+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: 20Drift's VXR

  1. #11
    VXRed blooded 20Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th March 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telych View Post
    That's what gets me too. I love the look they give. I have the optional 18s on mine atm, they look great but those TDPR alloys...

    We need more side profile shots of your car now with the new alloys btw.
    I'll get some tomorrow - will avoid one side because I've curbed one 🙈

    Are you looking at 17's or 18's for the TD's? I've got 17's with 215/45 tyres on mine but not sure if 18s would look better...
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

  2. #12
    VXRed blooded 20Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th March 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telych View Post
    We need more side profile shots of your car now with the new alloys btw.
    Here are a couple #nofilter


    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

  3. #13
    VXRed
    Join Date
    21st April 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    They look great dude.
    I do like my 18s (they need erm... Touching up. Curbed a few times) but 17s in your wheels look ace imo.

    I'm not so sure bigger is better in this case :P

  4. #14
    VXRed blooded 20Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th March 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telych View Post
    They look great dude.
    I do like my 18s (they need erm... Touching up. Curbed a few times) but 17s in your wheels look ace imo.

    I'm not so sure bigger is better in this case :P
    I do wonder if 18's would look better and fill the arches... Could always do 18's with lower profile tyres
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

  5. #15
    VXRed
    Join Date
    21st April 2017
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    I do wonder if 18's would look better and fill the arches... Could always do 18's with lower profile tyres
    Mmmm. Very true.

    If I were buying a set I think I'd go 18s actually. Have you thought about getting spacers fitted? I'm not sure if it'd be worth doing.

  6. #16
    South East's Red Ranger BobbyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th March 2010
    Posts
    16,967

    Default

    Most people prefer 18's although 17's are a lot better for track if you're into that sort of thing. I personally like a good sidewall plus the tyres come out So much cheaper.
    #weusedtobetheshit

  7. #17
    VXRed blooded 20Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th March 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Telych View Post
    Mmmm. Very true.

    If I were buying a set I think I'd go 18s actually. Have you thought about getting spacers fitted? I'm not sure if it'd be worth doing.
    Thinking of going with 15mm spacers on the back, and maybe 10 on the front? Not sure if I can actually come out further on the front without causing the sidewall to rub when going over bumpy roads...

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
    Most people prefer 18's although 17's are a lot better for track if you're into that sort of thing. I personally like a good sidewall plus the tyres come out So much cheaper.
    I like 17's because you accelerate faster - more important than top speed when daily driving
    Also the sidewall helps protect the rims so I'm with you on this.
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

  8. #18
    South East's Red Ranger BobbyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th March 2010
    Posts
    16,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    Thinking of going with 15mm spacers on the back, and maybe 10 on the front? Not sure if I can actually come out further on the front without causing the sidewall to rub when going over bumpy roads...



    I like 17's because you accelerate faster - more important than top speed when daily driving
    Also the sidewall helps protect the rims so I'm with you on this.

    In theory you shouldn't if you've got the right tyre size. 17's and tyres come out bigger than 18's and tyres by a fraction. Means 17's have a higher top speed and 18's accelerate quicker. But will be next to no difference.
    #weusedtobetheshit

  9. #19
    VXRed blooded 20Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    20th March 2015
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
    In theory you shouldn't if you've got the right tyre size. 17's and tyres come out bigger than 18's and tyres by a fraction. Means 17's have a higher top speed and 18's accelerate quicker. But will be next to no difference.
    True - are you running 17's or 18's? I know of a few people who run 18's with 45 profile tyres to improve the ride
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

  10. #20
    South East's Red Ranger BobbyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    30th March 2010
    Posts
    16,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    True - are you running 17's or 18's? I know of a few people who run 18's with 45 profile tyres to improve the ride
    I have 17' OZ wheels with yoko AD08R three. So much better than standard 17/18's imo.
    #weusedtobetheshit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts