Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 20Drift's VXR

VXRed

I'll be sticking with the stock tyres/rims for a while yet.

Y'know, I love those bonnet vents you installed. They suit the car so well.

Soooo some minor updates...

Got a foam cannon attachment for the pressure washer - cleaning has never been so easy!

Popped a shock absorber at the front, so replaced with a pair of Koni STR.T shocks on my current springs which are actually quite a nice ride!

And the final update is the Maxton Design splitter - great piece of kit for the price! Only downside is I now can't get off my drive without scraping badly

You can vaguely see the strip of metal hanging off the leading edge of the bonnet in this pic - a replacement bonnet has arrived, and just needs painting before fitting!
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Nice one.

Great looking car same colour as mine! Loving the wheels as well

So I impulse bought a bonnet on eBay for £50 which had some minor paint damage, but I decided to wrap instead of painting (purely cost!).

Marking out lines for the vents...

Made some templates, and stuck them down...

Masked off the bonnet to protect from the jigsaw, and then went to town...

Hole-y moley...

I missed a bit of damage when repairing the bonnet, so sorted that out with a bit of P38 and some wet-n-dry...

First attempt at wrapping didn't go great - ordered a sheet that was too small, and lots of little bumps showed through, so ended up ripping it off and wet sanding the entire bonnet down with some 800 and then 1500 grit to make it smooth. Second attempt at wrapping was much more successful - went for 6D Gloss Carbon...

And the finished product

Need to sort the alignment out - it's slightly off on the passenger side but ran out of light and was keen to fit it. All round cost £150 including bonnet, wrap, vents and tiger seal. Cost of prep and paint was going to be £500 alone!
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Bonnet looks very well done mate! Tidy job
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    Bonnet looks very well done mate! Tidy job
    Cheers mate - good learning experience!

VXRacing ahead

Bonnet looks good dude. I think black is the only colour that suits carbon bonnets.

Quote Originally Posted by LukesCorsaVXR View Post
    Bonnet looks good dude. I think black is the only colour that suits carbon bonnets.
    Thanks! Still chuffed with it as it looks tacky most of the time on cars, but it’s a bit more subtle with the gloss wrap which isn’t too in your face

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast