+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 20Drift's VXR

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    Thanks! Still chuffed with it as it looks tacky most of the time on cars, but it’s a bit more subtle with the gloss wrap which isn’t too in your face
    Looks ace dude, goes well with the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by LukesCorsaVXR View Post
    Looks ace dude, goes well with the wheels.
    Cheers mate!

What happened to your Astra in the end? Did you go down the forged route or keep the replacement from Bo?
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRacing ahead

Cheers mate!

What happened to your Astra in the end? Did you go down the forged route or keep the replacement from Bo?
    I fitted the replacement from Bo dude, ran for over 2 years without a single problem. Ended up flogging the old engine, which was a massive mistake as it was already forged.

I split it and sold it about 6 months back, took the air ride, 3 piece wheels, RARB etc and sold it as a stage 3 car. Got good money for it too even though it was an 06 plate, but with 26k miles on the shell at 17k on the engine it was still like brand new.

Ended up in a Mk5 Golf 2.0 GTTDI but didn't like it, so traded it in and got a red facelift corsa vxr. Gearbox starting whining within days of buying it so returned it to Bristol Street Motors to be fixed, they had it over 3 weeks and never bothered calling me to tell me what was wrong/when they were going to fix it. Ended up speaking to the general manager and handing the car back. Went out and bought a Green 'Burg, something I'd wanted since having my first Corsa VXR about 4 years ago.

Ah nice - worked out in the end! How’d you find the Burg compared to the Astra?
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRacing ahead

Ah nice - worked out in the end! How’d you find the Burg compared to the Astra?
    Love it mate, the Burg is far better to drive. The Astra was too erratic. I much prefer the interior of the Corsa aswell. I miss my air ride though. The colour is my favourite, wanted Grasshopper Green for years, had enough of red cars lol. People think i'm mad and say I "downgraded" but I disagree.

Love it mate, the Burg is far better to drive. The Astra was too erratic. I much prefer the interior of the Corsa aswell. I miss my air ride though. The colour is my favourite, wanted Grasshopper Green for years, had enough of red cars lol. People think i'm mad and say I "downgraded" but I disagree.
    I drove a stage 2 Astra when I was thinking of switching a year ago and found it was great in straight lines but didn’t like the handing round the corners of B roads

Pretty sure I’ve seen a Corsa VXR with air ride round my way - you gonna go for it on this?

Minor job done on Saturday afternoon - got tired of seeing the uncoated discs at the back going orange, so wire brushed them and painted with silver hammerite.

Don't look at them calipers - got new ones coming in the post as these ones are on their way out!

VXRacing ahead

I drove a stage 2 Astra when I was thinking of switching a year ago and found it was great in straight lines but didn’t like the handing round the corners of B roads

Pretty sure I’ve seen a Corsa VXR with air ride round my way - you gonna go for it on this?
    Was the same with mine, had decent tyres, RARB, solid top mounts etc but was still felt shocking.

And no mate, not really doing anything to it, it's just a daily. I'm building a C20LET Caribic Blue Corsa GSi atm.

And no mate, not really doing anything to it, it's just a daily. I'm building a C20LET Caribic Blue Corsa GSi atm.
    Ah nice! Progress good?

VXRacing ahead

Ah nice! Progress good?
    Needs shell work mate, saving for that currently. Have everything to build it up though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4