+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Idle problem on my vxr

well car is standard but has downpipe and catback exhaust.
    it seems to misfire on idle . New plugs (pfr6t-g), new coilpack so theres no problem there.
    I have boost gauge and vacuum is at -20 solid so looks like theres no leak but tryed spray around inlet manifold and vac lines and there was no change in idle.

found video on yt that sounds just like my car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1g3adu-gA

no codes or eml

any ideas?
    btw driving is just fine, boost as it supposed to, holds boost, all is fine, just that idle issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TorqueVXR View Post
    well car is standard but has downpipe and catback exhaust.
    it seems to misfire on idle . New plugs (pfr6t-g), new coilpack so theres no problem there.
    I have boost gauge and vacuum is at -20 solid so looks like theres no leak but tryed spray around inlet manifold and vac lines and there was no change in idle.

found video on yt that sounds just like my car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1g3adu-gA

no codes or eml

any ideas?
    btw driving is just fine, boost as it supposed to, holds boost, all is fine, just that idle issue.
    Mines sounds like that due to having a uprated inlet cam.

I spent ages trying to fix it just to the realize I had a uprated inlet cam. You sure you haven't got cams?

Have you tried cleaning your throttle body?
    Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Goodyears X4 Miltek Catback @ 245BHP

who knows how car has been running before i got it... but was standard when i picked it up no mods at all just down pipe and boost gauge. drives sweet good mpg just that idle ;(

car is on 50k miles throttle body looks as clean as it gets.
    Last edited by TorqueVXR; 28th April 2017 at 09:45 AM.

who knows how car has been running before i got it... but was standard when i picked it up no mods at all just down pipe and boost gauge. drives sweet good mpg just that idle ;(
    Take your oil cap off obviously when engine is off and see if you can see your inlet cam. Mine has "Sports CAM" written on it.

I originally thought mine was standard too.
    Regal Inlet Cam, (nice and lumpy idle) Pre Cat Delete, Fully Forged by WG Motorworks (Wosser 86.5mm Pistons, Molnar Conrods, Stem Seal Retainers). Crossover Delete Wtih RAMAIR. Rear Vibra Fast Road Mount, Polybushed front and gearbox mount, MTEC Dimpled and Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads Standard map Goodyears X4 Miltek Catback @ 245BHP

will check for that pal

will check for that pal
    Will be worth checking all your hoses for any leaks as well. See if you have any noticeable splits.

Quote Originally Posted by A Sad Napkin View Post
    Will be worth checking all your hoses for any leaks as well. See if you have any noticeable splits.
    done all the checks and used brake cleaner spray allover intake and vac lines... cams seem standard then just been on tech 2 session come back with lambda 1 so the one on precat delete and nothing else.

will see whats what when i replace lambda... but have strange feeling that this is not the reason for my idle problems.

EML showed up now after clearing lambda code from ecu (no eml before just lumpy idle)
    code 013002 - faulty sensor (that will be the lambda)
    Last edited by TorqueVXR; 28th April 2017 at 01:55 PM.

Omg... no codes after lambda replacement but that tiny misfire on idle is still there whats next what a joke i just run out of ideas and garange i took it to cant be asked to look for it if theres no codes.

VXRed

Have checked the plugs mate see if their dirty and check colour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast