+ Reply to Thread

Default Estimated power?

So as I'm having a turbo replacement I've decided that now I know it's got a solid turbo on it I'm going to get a few other bits done.

I've ordered:

Airtec stage 2 FMIC
    Forge recirculation valve
    Turbosmart actuator
    2.5" downpipe to original cat
    Cool running thermostat
    Stainless boost pipe and top hat

Already fitted:

3" custom made stainless cat back
    AEM cone and crossover delete

Once done I'd like to have it mapped at Rabbid to have it set up. Is there any idea of what sort of power I could be looking at after this? I don't really want to go down the forging route so what would be my safe limit? I've heard 350ft/lb torque?

My expectation is 300bhp, realistic?

Crossover delete, ITG cone filter
    3" cat back by Fast Road Conversions

With a 2.5 down pipe you and original cat you will realistically only be able to run a Stage 1 tune.

You need a good sports cat and down pipe, preferably 3 inch if you've got the cat back.

Once then you can think about a Stage 3 tune.

Also, don't fall into the whole trap
    That Stage 3 is 300 bhp and anything less is a failure as Stage 3 is anything from 285 to 300 plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried looking it up but literally everywhere you look it says something different. I want the 3" turbo back with a sports cat but because my cat back is custom I can't buy one off the shelf and with everything else I've spent out on so far (turbo failure has put a knife into my exhaust plans) I'm going to have to wait a couple more months to get the down pipe and cat made. So for now the best I can do is the 2.5" to at least let some more flow through for the summer months.

Am I going to NEED a remap now? I don't really want to get it until the proper exhaust is on but because of all the other bits I'm having done is it going to run like **** without a decent map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With what you've got fitted you will be fine. Exhaust and cooler won't cause you any issues.

Fit it closer to map time.

Actuator will need setting up proper. You having WG do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to but with my turbo goosed I couldn't wait until July when he's booking up to. It's in with a local tuner who regularly has Focus RS's, Porches and VXR's on his front which I took to be a half decent sign. He did some work on the car before I owned it and seems to know what he's doing. He's fitting the actuator whilst the turbo is going on and has said he's going to road test and set it up for me not just bolt it together.

If I can wait for the map then I will do. The down pipe and sports cat is coming to £420 so with the cost of a map on top I can't afford either after laying out on this gear and the turbo replacement.

I've got the 2.5" for £70 from a friend who upgraded so I'm going to fit it anyway for the moment until I'm ready for the new one.

Are you VXR enough?

Remember if want the print out to show higher power get it mapped in winter

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Foli View Post
    I wanted to but with my turbo goosed I couldn't wait until July when he's booking up to. It's in with a local tuner who regularly has Focus RS's, Porches and VXR's on his front which I took to be a half decent sign. He did some work on the car before I owned it and seems to know what he's doing. He's fitting the actuator whilst the turbo is going on and has said he's going to road test and set it up for me not just bolt it together.

If I can wait for the map then I will do. The down pipe and sports cat is coming to £420 so with the cost of a map on top I can't afford either after laying out on this gear and the turbo replacement.

I've got the 2.5" for £70 from a friend who upgraded so I'm going to fit it anyway for the moment until I'm ready for the new one.

Tx Motorsport 3 inch with sports cat £ 250.

Or just go for tx 3" decat downpipe and swap it out for mot, the tx downpipe does reduces down to 2.5" but you coulf get it cut off and welded in a 3" section to make it fully 3"
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

I've got a custom made cat back so nothing off the shelf will fit. I've got a 2.5" precat delete going onto it so it'll be:

Turbo > 2.5" precat > standard cat 2.5" > 3" custom cat back

The derestriced downpipe will still make a small difference until later in the year.

Yeah thats why i said cut of the bit that reduces down to 2.5" and then get a section made so that it will fit to your custom system, at the end of the day it can only go in one direction so it wont be that far out that it cant be altered to make it fit
    Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

+ Reply to Thread