+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default benefits of a full service

Had the astra J about 5 weeks now and happy with it after the H. Out of 1000 mile warranty and started to get a strange noise when setting off with steering on right / left full lock. Have to admit to thinking I had bought a problem. Gear box was a bit 'sticky' compared with the H. I was wondering if I had first signs of gearbox / dif issues !!

Just had a full service at my usual garage, unlike the previous owner who used Vauxhall main agent. All filters and oils changed, including gearbox oil. The car is significantly better now with PERFECT gearbox and the strange noise gone completely. Performance is better than before and fells like driving a brand new car.

What I cant understand is, how can Vauxhall complete a 2 year service on a high performance car and replace NOTHING !!! The service stamp shows a complete set of 'NO' ticks against all the service items (oils and filters etc). There was several bolts missing from the turbo pipe (terminology may be wrong) but these have now been replaced. There was also a broken spark plug in one of the cylinders with the cable attached.

Anyway, the difference in the car proves there are benefits to a complete and thorough service - but NOT at Vauxhall !!

VXRed blooded

I bought mine new last year and my first service was with an independent, think that tells you enough.

2nd service from vauxhall would be

oil
    oil filter
    pollen
    key battery

and how do you no the previous owner didn't play about with the car and left the bits off,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by jiraffe View Post

oil
    oil filter
    pollen
    key battery

and how do you no the previous owner didn't play about with the car and left the bits off,
    Good point, possibly had bits on and then taken off, when you say there was nothing done on the second service, did it even have one? you can check with Vauxhall!

VXR enough

Never again will Vauxhall service my h after my last experience -- they entered the incorrect mileage in the service book - put two lines through it with a pen then entered correct mileage above it -- service adviser then decided to write in book that they had made mistake with the mileage and then signed her name - you can imagine just what a mess the entry looked like on the book and needless to say I won't be going to the dealer again -- what a load of numpties

Are you VXR enough? Nurburgring 223's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Leo View Post
    Never again will Vauxhall service my h after my last experience -- they entered the incorrect mileage in the service book - put two lines through it with a pen then entered correct mileage above it -- service adviser then decided to write in book that they had made mistake with the mileage and then signed her name - you can imagine just what a mess the entry looked like on the book and needless to say I won't be going to the dealer again -- what a load of numpties
    lol bet that makes ur service history look legit
    Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
    lol bet that makes ur service history look legit
    Popping my Auditor's hat on, that's the proper way to make a correction - score it out and sign it.
    This is so the original record and the reason for the change are known to the person using the record.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by novaecosse View Post
    Popping my Auditor's hat on, that's the proper way to make a correction - score it out and sign it.
    This is so the original record and the reason for the change are known to the person using the record.
    Yeah, but my service book now looks a mess -- they made a **** up, how hard is it just to enter the correct mileage

Quote Originally Posted by jiraffe View Post

oil
    oil filter
    pollen
    key battery

Don't know but I made same point. Previous owner might have added bits then removed at sale. Last service has vauxhall stamp on service with all 'no' ticked against all service items.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Leo View Post
    Yeah, but my service book now looks a mess -- they made a **** up, how hard is it just to enter the correct mileage
    I agree, it's just sloppy tbh, I know it's only a service book but it would piss me off too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast