+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Corsa VXR '09 Clutch/Gearbox noise

I am having some grinding sound coming from the car when sat still with the clutch not pressed. The sound does disappear when the clutch is pressed and stationary. This grinding also occurs during motion and can only be stopped when changing gears then comes back and can be heard especially when slowing down in any gear. My car is still under warranty and would very much like any advice on what it may be so I can direct the garage in the right direction as to what the problem could be to minimise any costs. Any help would be greatly received and appreciated.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisStarsmore View Post
    I am having some grinding sound coming from the car when sat still with the clutch not pressed. The sound does disappear when the clutch is pressed and stationary. This grinding also occurs during motion and can only be stopped when changing gears then comes back and can be heard especially when slowing down in any gear. My car is still under warranty and would very much like any advice on what it may be so I can direct the garage in the right direction as to what the problem could be to minimise any costs. Any help would be greatly received and appreciated.
    sounds like your clutch is done. your flywheel maybe also. does the power "slip" when acceleration?

also try to google M32 bearing problems or seach this forum for the symptoms.
    as i remember, the gear stick moves when accelerating.

VXR newbie

I do not feel like it slips when accelerating and the gear stick definitely does not move when accelerating.

VXRed

I have the same got new dmf clutch and slave,
    I still have it was told its lay shaft bearings in box

+ Reply to Thread