+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flywheel advice

VXRacing ahead

Default Flywheel advice

Jus wondered if I could have some advice on flywheels please.. I'm forging and tuning my car probly to run a k06 for a fair qhile but just wondering if I can stick with a dmf or weather i have to go single mass? Reason being i hate the sound of a single obviously be sharper n more responsive but id Defo prefer to have no ratles n be able to drive to shops lol just wondered if could have some feed back please as this way out my depth and a whole new path. I want to update clutch etc anyway but is it poss to use dmf cheers andy.

I stayed with Dual mass and went organic clutch.
    Stage 3 Astra VXR - Airtec FMIC, Whiteline RARB, Lester grille, AEM Cone, Turbosmart recirc valve, Hot pink engine bay hoses, Dap R Springs, 2.5" custom exhaust, R8 devil eye headlights, MFactory Helical LSD, MTECH Short shifter, 18" Bola B6, mapped by SM Tuning. Instagram - Mattyslost

Yeah this is something i'd not consider because I don't want to compromise the everyday feel.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I've also been told that a single mass will just kill the already weak M32 box even if you use a sprung clutch.

Plenty of clutch upgrades to go with the DMF if need d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRacing ahead

With K06 power i reckon a lot of tuning shops would probably recommend an uprated clutch but all that would probably mean is you'll go through the standard set up quicker? not really sure.

If you ever plan to take your car on the tracks though i would consider the smf as apparently that's where it's really worth it. My throw out bearing is going on my clutch and it sounds like i have an smf lol.

VXRacing ahead

Cheers guys tempted to throw the towel in on it all now tbh as Defo don't want a smf. Probly not worth me forging etc if this the case as wanna I don't want any strange noises at all dunno wot to do now

It's not that bad mate. The standard clutch setup is not bad at all. Just bear in mind that for a daily driver it's probably not the best thing to mess with the clutch setup. But it's perfectly possible to use it on a higher tuned setup anyway.

VXRacing ahead

Wkd cheers Adam.. I'd prefer to keep stock set up in that case lol... just stressing a bit as spend lots of cash on tuning but not willing to sacrifice the dmf so is making me think twice so a stock clutch kit could cope with 330- 350 ish??

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    It's not that bad mate. The standard clutch setup is not bad at all. Just bear in mind that for a daily driver it's probably not the best thing to mess with the clutch setup. But it's perfectly possible to use it on a higher tuned setup anyway.
    That sounds like good advise to me

I missed the part where it became gospel to have an uprated clutch setup for a k06 tune :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast