+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    VXRed blooded VinPetrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2016
    Posts
    307

    Default B14 coilovers just arrived (eek!)

    Mr Demon Tweeks has just dropped off a brand new set of Bilstein B14 coilovers for me.

    Never fitted suspension before in my life, so I hope I'm up to it. Watched a few You Tube videos, so I should be ok I reckon.

    Need to finish fitting my front mount intercooler yet though! Halfway through that and just done an oil change and done the spark plugs too. Getting quite into this old "mechanic"-ing lark!

  2. #2
    VXRacing ahead
    Join Date
    19th October 2015
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Nice, planning to do the same in a couple of months. Buy and fit the b14's that is. Be nice to know how you get on and post some pics

  3. #3
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    16,968

    Default

    B14s are superb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    VXRed blooded VinPetrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2016
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnes View Post
    Nice, planning to do the same in a couple of months. Buy and fit the b14's that is. Be nice to know how you get on and post some pics
    yeah I might do a fitting guide like I'm doing with the MTC cooler. Although there's plenty of decent videos on Youtube.

  5. #5
    VXRed blooded VinPetrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th June 2016
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    B14s are superb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They look quality and my standard shocks are rotten so anything will be an improvement.

  6. #6
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    16,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinPetrol View Post
    They look quality and my standard shocks are rotten so anything will be an improvement.
    Ride quality is great. Firm, planted but not crashy in the slightest which is what you can get with some spring and OEM damper combos


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th January 2017
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    Ride quality is great. Firm, planted but not crashy in the slightest which is what you can get with some spring and OEM damper combos


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do you rate these? i need to get a decent set up as the DAP'S are bumpy as hell

  8. #8
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    16,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo4748 View Post
    do you rate these? i need to get a decent set up as the DAP'S are bumpy as hell
    I never thought DAPs were that bad. Had them on my last VXR and they were great and pretty forgiving for the amount they drop the car by but I was running 18 inch wheels.

    What wheels you running?

    Reason why I changed as I was running Eibach Sportlines on this Astra which were awful. Crashy ride and really wallowy in the corners.

    The B14s are much better than the Sportlines. Handling is 1000 times better and the ride is pleasantly better than what I was expecting with Coilovers however in comparison to DAPs I'm not sure you will see more comfort levels.

    If you want a set up which handles great, has some adjustability and is alright to live with then B14s are great. If you are not on 18s though that's the first thing I would do




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    VXRed
    Join Date
    10th January 2017
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    I never thought DAPs were that bad. Had them on my last VXR and they were great and pretty forgiving for the amount they drop the car by but I was running 18 inch wheels.

    What wheels you running?

    Reason why I changed as I was running Eibach Sportlines on this Astra which were awful. Crashy ride and really wallowy in the corners.

    The B14s are much better than the Sportlines. Handling is 1000 times better and the ride is pleasantly better than what I was expecting with Coilovers however in comparison to DAPs I'm not sure you will see more comfort levels.

    If you want a set up which handles great, has some adjustability and is alright to live with then B14s are great. If you are not on 18s though that's the first thing I would do




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm finding the ride really "crashy"

    18" - robs old car.

    im not to bothered about the comfort of the ride as it vibrates like crazy with everything being poly bushed

  10. #10
    VXR Nothing comes close VXRRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th May 2013
    Posts
    16,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo4748 View Post
    I'm finding the ride really "crashy"

    18" - robs old car.

    im not to bothered about the comfort of the ride as it vibrates like crazy with everything being poly bushed
    Oh course.

    Springs and OEM dampers never gonna be as good as a good set of Coils.

    The B14s are just firm, not crashy if that makes sense.

    I've got mine with the RARB set on Medium hard too and the handling is perfect even without a diff.

    Don't know I've I'll try the RARB on hard as heard it can get a bit twitchy when you've fitted Coils with one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts