+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cid screen

Default Cid screen

I'm looking at getting the cid screen but don't want the cd70 as I want an aftermarket head unit instead, will it still regain functions of showing mpg, sat nav etc and be able to use steering wheel controls?

Can you get a cid screen from any Vauxhall model or is there certain ones that will fit the Astra

Thanks

You need a cd70 to display sat nav on the cid screen AFAIK. And ideally you need a vx factory unit to retain the steering wheel functions. Not sure if the eonon units utilise the wheel controls or not.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed blooded

I have a pioneer sph- da120 unit working with a cid screen. It shows MPG, inst compsumtion and range also all my climate control functions and also the steering wheel controls work too.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrpaul83 View Post
    I have a pioneer sph- da120 unit working with a cid screen. It shows MPG, inst compsumtion and range also all my climate control functions and also the steering wheel controls work too.
    This is exactly what I want, I could look at a double din sat nav but if the cid still displays mpg etc it's good enough, any other functions from the cid? Parking sensors, reverse cam? Any road cautions etc?

VXRed blooded

I get the usual low outside temp warning other than that I use my pioneer for sat nav and reversing camera.

Quote Originally Posted by vxrpaul83 View Post
    I get the usual low outside temp warning other than that I use my pioneer for sat nav and reversing camera.
    You got any pics of it mate?

Paul's looks good mate.. ive just bought a cid that gets fitted sat & ive got aftermarket stereo
    Arden Astra with black bits

Quote Originally Posted by Markpvxr View Post
    Paul's looks good mate.. ive just bought a cid that gets fitted sat & ive got aftermarket stereo
    Do you need the tech 2 to unpair etc just for getting the cid working? I've just bought a cid screen
    Last edited by Jk90; 18th May 2017 at 01:35 PM.

VXRed blooded

The cid screen should work fine on a aftermarket head unit. Mine wasn't divorced and works fine.

+ Reply to Thread