+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water temps

VXRed

Default Water temps

When in traffic car slowly goes up to 101 and dan kicks in and goes back down is thos common mi w alway used to sit 95 in traffic change engine water temp switch new pump cool stat and rad still does it

Airlock?

VXRed

Vauxall did it today never used to go above 101 never here fan

VXRed

Have cool stat ok when moving as soon in traffic or stoped goes up have heaters

My guess is it will naturally be hotter sitting in traffic because there is no air flow going in to cool anything down.

If you can hear your fan kicking in and its very loud its a good possibility the resistor need changing. Mine had a similar issue with the loud fan and changed the resistor and its quiet again, sits at 95 and kicks in at 100.

If your majorly concerned about temperatures then fit a cool running thermostat.

VXR enough

I have a low temp thermostat and cruising it won't go over 90.

Low temp thermostat will do bugger all if you are sitting in traffic for a bit tho - yes it will open earlier to allow the coolant to circulate but if you are not moving the temps will still go up and up until the fan kicks in to blow air over the radiator.

My fan always kicks in around 105 IIRC so what you are saying sound normal to me.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

VXRed

Cheers will keep eye on it had compression test done on pistons today 170 psi on all four

I've just changed a green weird fan switch in my car. Fan comes in earlier, quieter, at around 100 degrees now.

Might be worth changing? I got one off of eBay, came pretty quickly from Poland - around £12

+ Reply to Thread