+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default New (to me) supercharged VXR8

Test drove this yesterday and looking for opinions/ advise as I'm new to the VXR brand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-H...53.m1438.l2649

Always had a fast weekend toy to compliment the 4x4 diesel daily, apart from a R35 GT-R they have all been German. Fancied something fast, loud and fun with a manual box and this appears to tick the boxes.

VXRacing ahead

A decent and honest seller to buy from, has ls7 clutch which is a must!

Has a good charger and exhaust

VXRed

I got my R8 from MWP, very good people to deal with. Looks like a tasty model, as said above it has the LS7 which is a must with all that power otherwise you'd be changing the clutch pretty often

VXR enough

£25,995.00 for a 2008 plate LS2 is expensive. For this money your in Bathurst S territory. The mods are significant, and expensive. It looks like a phenomenal car, question is with £26,000 burning a hole in your pocket could you buy a standard LS2 or LS3 and have it modded with the latest gear and have a better car? If the colour, wheels and spec of car are what you want, its awesome. Also consider the insurance, a Bathurst S is insured as a standard unmodded Vauxhall, a VXR8 modded to this extent could be very expensive to insure.

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by blackadder9570 View Post
    £25,995.00 for a 2008 plate LS2 is expensive. For this money your in Bathurst S territory. The mods are significant, and expensive. It looks like a phenomenal car, question is with £26,000 burning a hole in your pocket could you buy a standard LS2 or LS3 and have it modded with the latest gear and have a better car? If the colour, wheels and spec of car are what you want, its awesome. Also consider the insurance, a Bathurst S is insured as a standard unmodded Vauxhall, a VXR8 modded to this extent could be very expensive to insure.
    Colour, wheels and spec are just what I want. I preferred the sound of the Wortec exhaust so have agreed a deal with them changing the exhaust for me (inc x-over centre section). It's also been lowered so I've asked them to fit some 20mm spacers to push the wheels back out in the arches. I pick it up in a couple of weeks as I'm in holiday for two weeks from Wednesday.

Been quoted £1100 for insurance with 0 no claims (as there used on my other cars) and declaring the mods. I didn't think that was to bad?

Happy days!

VXR enough

Interesting, with a modded supercharger set up do you need to get a remap with the change of exhaust which presumably has a different back pressure? It's great and very lucky to find your idea VXR8 just sitting there on the dealers forecourt

Not possible to comment on the merits of the £1100 quote, so many varying factors. My LS2 has the Catback exhaust but is overwise standard and with full NCB on the car and at age 51 with a modest postcode I am paying just over £400 for my insurance.

Oh yes, and just for the record I am very jealous, the spec of your car is close my what I'd do to mine if those magical 6 numbers came up

Dunno about the VXR8 but that's my old Vectra VXR (HT08 AJY) in the rear view mirror/camera shot!
    Hoovering up the road

2007 VXR8

Walkinshaw Performance Power Pack, Headers and Supersport Cats. Ebay Antenna.

Are you VXR enough? shunterdarren1's Avatar

You won't be disappointed with this car. I knew the previous owner and have a good nose round it numerous times when at mwp. They've also spent a lot of money on it since taking it off Chris hands. Not a mark on it and low mileage... if I was in the market for another I'd of snapped this one up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    20" HSV GTS Alloys, WP Track Lowered Suspension, WP Power Pack Remap, WP Supercar Exhaust System, AAS X-Pipe, OTR CAI,
    WP Sill Plates, WP Mats, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres, WP Antenna, HSV Light Cover Kit

VXR newbie

That's good to hear shunterdarren1, thanks for that.

I'm picking it up Saturday, looking forward to the 150 mile drive home!

Im going on a road trip next week with a few mates to Croatia. The line up is a BMW V8 M3, BMW M1 coupe, a c63 black series and I was going to go in my 911 turbo but think I'll take the VXR8 instead now! Although the VXR8 is not as fast as the turbo, apparently there is a tunnel in Croatia that is 6km long which should make it worth while!

VXR newbie

Ok, a little advice needed please. I picket the car up last week and it is awesome, very different to anything else I've driven but now I've got used to the gear box and power delivery it's a lot of fun.

Me and a few mates are on a road trip (currently in Bosnia) and I've noticed the oil temp runs higher than I would expect. It seems to float between 110-130 but ir I drive really hard for as little as 5 mins it will go up to 140! Ambient temp is about 30 degrees.

Is this normal? It seems high to me. I am not getting an warning lights, water temp system constantly at 1/4 and oil pressure is pretty constant around 3.

Any thoughts would welcomed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast