+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dont know if this will help or just make you worry more. Mine sits at 110 on normal driving, and creeps up towards 130 as i drive hard. Never seen it go above 130 to be honest.

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

140 is extreme but seen it loads of times in mine over the years.

Enjoy it great cars.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Honestly mate, I wouldn't know the first thing about vxr8 but I can vouch for MWP - Sure if you gave them a call they would talk you through anything.
    Astra VXR Racing Edition #185

VXR enough

Mine runs 110 to 130 too, standard LS2. To be honest I don't really notice the temp except when first driving the car waiting for it to hit 90 before exceeding 3,000 rpm so if mine did ever hit 140 driving hard my eyes would be on the road, not the gauge. With your extra horsepower that equals more heat, so the engine oil would be expected to get hotter under load. First thing I would do is find out what my engine oil actually is, i.e Mobile One or Royal Purple etc and see what the operating temperature range is and as long as its within range and everything else is okay, there shouldn't be a problem. If I recall you bought the car with the mods done and its done mileage on the mods, so again, shouldn't be a problem.

VXR newbie

Thanks for the input everyone. You'll be pleased to hear that after 9 countries in 9 days and over 3000miles in ambient temps up to and over 40 degrees C the car and I are home safe.

I've really warmed to the car but it needs a few bits addressing. Cooling is the main issue, the gear box is to sloppy for my taste and I managed to bend one of my rear wheels!

I've got the car booked in at MWP next week to have a bigger oil cooler fitted and some bonnet vents installed. There also going to fit a quick shifter and repair/ replace the bent rim.

Here a couple of photos of the trip
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2