+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Recommendations on best intercooler for corsa vxr???

First post and all that.. got myself a nice little red corsa vxr 2010 at the moment standard whilst in warranty but eventually want too remap however I'm thinking because the corsa vxr for some stupid reason doesn't come with a temperature gauge (or I just don't know where it is??&#128514 And I worry it might be too much heat and pressure on the engine/turbo causing too over heat. I've looked into it and upgrading the intercooler seems the logical thing too do before a remap... ??? Anyone know there stuff ? Haha

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Welcome to VXRonline

loads of std cars running without any issues.

FYI - When you start to change engine components (intercooler) , you could wave goodbye to warraty

Welcome aboard VxrO
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by VxrTec View Post
    First post and all that.. got myself a nice little red corsa vxr 2010 at the moment standard whilst in warranty but eventually want too remap however I'm thinking because the corsa vxr for some stupid reason doesn't come with a temperature gauge (or I just don't know where it is??&#128514 And I worry it might be too much heat and pressure on the engine/turbo causing too over heat. I've looked into it and upgrading the intercooler seems the logical thing too do before a remap... ??? Anyone know there stuff ? Haha
    If you have the big screen option above the stereo there is a secret menu that will give you water temperature. Other than that there is no temp gauge (oil or water).

Best intercooler is one of these 3;

- Forge
    - Airtec
    - Courtenay Sport
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

You can get a secret menu on the dashboard and it will show engine temp where your miles normally is. Not ideal but it does work.

You can also connect a Bluetooth OBD reader in and have it connected to your phone to view real time info on your phone. Works very well. I've got mine set as temperature and boost etc.

Hope that helps.

VXRed

I thought it might be.. I'm just being over cautious because the lack of temperature gauges in the corsa, however another member has said about a hidden menu! Yes I asked the car dealer about that so was planning on waiting out the 6 months warranty before any engine mods!

VXRed

Perfect.. I knew there had to be some sort of temperature reading somewhere! Thanksss!

VXRed blooded

The best is Airtec, Rabbid recomend it. When you go above stage 3 is Airtec the best, to stage 3 are Courts and Forge ones ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by AljazK View Post
    The best is Airtec, Rabbid recomend it. When you go above stage 3 is Airtec the best, to stage 3 are Courts and Forge ones ok too.
    The best is Nortech but they don't make many if any now. Most say Forge/Airtech next but you've also got the courtesy sport giant.

As for temp gauge, if you don't have the big screen, press the button on the stall 4 times and hold it on the 4th. After 5-10 seconds, the screen on the dash should change. About 5 more clicks of the stalk button and it will show your water temp.
    #weusedtobetheshit

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ine-Temp-Guide!

See here for all the cool stuff you can do. http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/for...w-to-Corsa-VXR

Go to the last page and work your way back is the best way to do it.
    #weusedtobetheshit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast