+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I read somewhere on the "net" that when the forge and airtec coolers got tested back to back with each other that the forge intercooler had cooler air temperatures going into the engine than the airtec intercooler did.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

VXRed blooded

They have the same engines temperatures when you are at stage 2 or 3, but when you go above stage 3, the Airtec has lower engine temperatures. I have 415 bhp corsa and we have 5 °C temperature rise, at forge at this stage you can get 30°C or more then ambient temperature.

I went with airtec for mine, still waiting on it being delivered. I'm only going stage 3 but as AljazK said, I've seen airtec used on some pretty mad power VXRs and they seem to have no issues.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

I'm gunna go with air tec I think and put it through stage 1. Got an upgraded clutch and induction kit on so ready too go! Might need to get better tyres though haha!

I've got all the parts fitted to my car ready to go stage 3 except for the injectors that would need fitting at the same time as the remap but have been sidetracked lately as I'm converting the single pipe over to a cobra twin exhaust, got the exhaust, diffuser and bumper mounting bracket here all ready to be fitted once I get time.
    Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Quote Originally Posted by Tom{BSc} View Post
    You can get a secret menu on the dashboard and it will show engine temp where your miles normally is. Not ideal but it does work.

You can also connect a Bluetooth OBD reader in and have it connected to your phone to view real time info on your phone. Works very well. I've got mine set as temperature and boost etc.

Hope that helps.
    Where can I buy this mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Min...kAAOSwGotWqdVX

Use this plus the "torque" app if you have android.

If you have an iphone there will be a similar app...an apple freak will confirm tho.
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Min...kAAOSwGotWqdVX

Use this plus the "torque" app if you have android.

If you have an iphone there will be a similar app...an apple freak will confirm tho.
    Cheers mate 👍🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

No worries!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2