+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Flash View Post
    What does it matter? They are all slow compared to a Tesla S P100D hot hatch
    Something will ALWAYS beat you. ALWAYS.
    The Golf R and S3 have much more power, 4WD and cost 5-10k more than a J. Megane 265 isn't quicker.

The J is very fast, has huge personality and makes me smile on almost every journey. You'd have to be insane to exploit the performance differences between the cars you list and the J on the road.
    ** Life's too short to drive a boring car **

VXRed

Thanks for wealth of replies!

As for starting a "case" having never had to do this before... how do you go about it?

I had a brand new DS3 a few years ago and never had a trouble. Other than that only ever had second hand cars. Including Ines with doffs that never made any untoward noises so odd that the salesman used that as an excuse!

Best to book it in locally, or contact VX customer services first? It's getting worse by the day now, needs sorting

I called Vx customer care and they took a description of the issues and called the dealer in my behalf (which apparently the dealer should do). They gave the case reference to both the dealer and myself.
    Current: Astra J VXR white, Insignia Vx line 2.0t sidi 252bhp, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

VXRed

Brilliant thanks. I will give them a call.

Car has been in since Monday regarding the case. They have agreed the gloss black window strips change which is good news (no more water marks). They have stripped the gearbox and have agreed warranty change (whether that's just 2nd gear or whole box but definitely agreed it's an issue with the engaging of 2nd gear). Poss clutch or diff rattle is still being investigated. Loan car at the expense of warranty!
    Current: Astra J VXR white, Insignia Vx line 2.0t sidi 252bhp, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

VXRed

At least they are sorting it. Fingers crossed for you.

What number did you call?

Sounds like things are well on the way to bring sorted. It's not that faults happen, all cars develop the odd fault. It's how they are resolved when the car is still under warranty that matters.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

I called 0800 026 0034.
    The fault appears to be fairly common. It was as though they knew what to expect but still got the technician to strip the box down. But par for the course I guess. Will let ya know what happens next.

They have supplied me with a warranty car (Astra K Sri) and confirms they are changing 2nd gear synch cog only. Hope that's an end to it...we will see but won't get car back until sat or Monday!

VXRacing ahead

I am getting a NOS kit fitted to mine to beat the Tesla, Have a look at all the proper videos on YT etc in the same gen . The VXR doesn't fair too bad for a 2012 produced car . Have a look at the NB ring videos, it all depends how you drive it. Any idiot can floor it off the line with TC /launch control, espeacialy with the E series cars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast