+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticH View Post
    Cars just had a replacement box fitted.

Difference is night and day. Still got a couple of issues though. Now sounds like I have an air leak in the cabin. So not sure if there is a grommet pinched or a hose letting in air. A/C didn't show up as a fault, butnit wont be an issue until it's really hot again. Brakes are still squeally as ****.

Going to fit some new pads me thinks.
    Strange how some cars have good boxes and others are a nightmare? Mileage, driving style, mods etc, don't seem to have any correlation to the boxes that seem to fail.
    The issue must be related to production tolerances of components or how the boxes are being assembled. If it was any other reason, surely there would be a distinct trend developing?
    Just before you invest in new brake pads, I had the same squealing problem with my Corsa. It is a fairly common issue with them, especially with vx pads. I asked the dealer to strip the brakes down and clean them thoroughly. This was a fix mentioned in various threads on here, it has worked and still fine over a year later.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXRed

Tbh I think it's a design flaw

Check out Alfa 166 forums and look at the issues they have.. all very similar Ayer with older cars.

Seems I see much more box issues in j's than h's. ...
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

VXRed

The H's issue is clearly defined, and remidiable with specificrepairs. Once you have had these done no worries for many miles (although not a gaurentee of fault free motoring)

I had this to happy my the day I bought my J

Part of the reason I wanted to sell was this reason. I honestly wish I had just kept the old one. Worth so much more than I sold it for. The J is far, far superior as a package. But so far, I am left with a feeling that it was put together in solid way but lacking where it mattered and corners cut are where the cost comes out. As a traditional BMW driver I am a little peeved that I didn't get a 135i, a friend had similar gearbox troubles which made me feel somewhat better, but I have not exactly felt that Vx really give a flying F*** about their customers. I am sure my BM friend feels the same; but a wider issue with the industry itself maybe.

The H's issue is clearly defined, and remidiable with specificrepairs. Once you have had these done no worries for many miles (although not a gaurentee of fault free motoring)

Part of the reason I wanted to sell was this reason. I honestly wish I had just kept the old one. Worth so much more than I sold it for. The J is far, far superior as a package. But so far, I am left with a feeling that it was put together in solid way but lacking where it mattered and corners cut are where the cost comes out. As a traditional BMW driver I am a little peeved that I didn't get a 135i, a friend had similar gearbox troubles which made me feel somewhat better, but I have not exactly felt that Vx really give a flying F*** about their customers. I am sure my BM friend feels the same; but a wider issue with the industry itself maybe.
    Having owned various makes and models over the years, customer service is certainly not a strong point of the motor industry.
    My girlfriend and I have owned Vauxhall's, Ford's, Peugeot, Seat, Toyota, Citroen, Daewoo and Suzuki. Vauxhall, whilst not the best, was certainly not at the bottom. The best was from Seat and that involved a gearbox change, but without any argument. Suzuki have (over 3 cars) been so incredibly reliable, the only warranty claim has been for a wheel bearing, over a combined mileage of 160k, that's surely impressive. Worst of all have been Toyota and Nissan, both truly appalling manufacturers and dealer service. Neither seemed to have any dealers that could competently diagnose or fix anything.
    One very positive thing about vrxo is that faults diagnosis is probably better being done by the members on here than at a main dealer. So, just post your issue, wait for the suggested fix, take that to the dealer and as long as they do exactly that, fault fixed! Really shouldn't be like that though.

Having owned various makes and models over the years, customer service is certainly not a strong point of the motor industry.
    My girlfriend and I have owned Vauxhall's, Ford's, Peugeot, Seat, Toyota, Citroen, Daewoo and Suzuki. Vauxhall, whilst not the best, was certainly not at the bottom. The best was from Seat and that involved a gearbox change, but without any argument. Suzuki have (over 3 cars) been so incredibly reliable, the only warranty claim has been for a wheel bearing, over a combined mileage of 160k, that's surely impressive. Worst of all have been Toyota and Nissan, both truly appalling manufacturers and dealer service. Neither seemed to have any dealers that could competently diagnose or fix anything.
    One very positive thing about vrxo is that faults diagnosis is probably better being done by the members on here than at a main dealer. So, just post your issue, wait for the suggested fix, take that to the dealer and as long as they do exactly that, fault fixed! Really shouldn't be like that though.

I bought my J vxr brand new and after 2.5 years and 11600 miles the only problem I have had was a dodgy TPMS sensor. Since that was replaced it has been fine.

I do change the gearbox oil yearly and the gearbox has never had any issues.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Just before you invest in new brake pads, I had the same squealing problem with my Corsa. It is a fairly common issue with them, especially with vx pads. I asked the dealer to strip the brakes down and clean them thoroughly. This was a fix mentioned in various threads on here, it has worked and still fine over a year later.
    Appreciate that, but for the effort of removing everything, considering they are not a million miles away from needing replacing it is the same effort (more cost obvs) to just swap them out and only do it once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6