Closed Thread

Thread: Gauges

VXRed

Default Gauges

I'm looking at fitting some gauges soon, but have a few questions first

How accurate is a water temp gauge when plumbed into the coolant return hose compared to the menu temp? Or has anyone tapped the thermostat housing for a more accurate reading?

Has anyone used an adapter to run an oil pressure gauge off the oil pressure switch? Does it work well?

For the water temp - pretty accurate when compared to the hidden gauge in the trip computer. Shows the same temperature as expected when the fan kicks in.

I've not done the oil pressure so can't comment
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    For the water temp - pretty accurate when compared to the hidden gauge in the trip computer. Shows the same temperature as expected when the fan kicks in.

I've not done the oil pressure so can't comment
    Would you say the water temp is within a couple of degrees with the computer then with it in the return hose? Am I also right in saying that the gauge won't show anything until the thermostat opens doing it that way?

Closed Thread