Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Engine went bang hole in block

Hi all

Iv had zafira vxr 6 months, just getting there sorting all the faults and this happens engine blow yesterday So can anyone recommend or know where I can get a engine? I live in Milton Keynes. Cheers

VXR newbie

All fixed I got a engine that had only cover 33ooo miles and what a difference . next job is the IDS+ light. Can anyone please point me in the right place to start with this ???

Cheers

VXRed

hope its alright this time keep it standard for a while then keep it serviced ect. then a few months when its sweet get a few mods done

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesmk View Post
    All fixed I got a engine that had only cover 33ooo miles and what a difference . next job is the IDS+ light. Can anyone please point me in the right place to start with this ???

Cheers

Good to hear you got the engine sorted. I had an intermittent IDS light on a couple of years ago, ended up being a short cable on the front suspension, they are subject to a fair bit of twisting and flexing due to their location. It's worth plugging in a Tech2 or similar to see what fault codes are present.

VXR newbie

Yeah will def be going steady for a while and see how it go's, will try and get it read and see what come up thanks, thanks for your reply .

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesmk View Post

Cheers
    Does the car have the original IDS+ struts on? If so there will be sensors on the struts themselves that have a plug on the end. One of the sensors may have come unplugged or faulty, they're not the easiest things to find though.

If someone has replaced them with standards in the past you can just disable the IDS+ in the ECU, this will get rid of the light.

I had IDS+ on my Astra, when I fitted air ride to it I had the IDS+ light on aswell, so I just disabled in the ECU so the car didn't think it had it anymore.

Closed Thread