+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBC Brake Discs

Default EBC Brake Discs

I'm sure this topic has been done to death, but I cant seem to find a straight answer on the forum/google.

Am I correct in my thinking that the only discs that EBC supply that will fit the VXR8 is the "Premium" disc (ie, the non slotted, grooved or drilled one)?
    There are some DBA T3-4000 discs on Ebay that i'm leaning towards purely because they look better with the slots, but import duty will add a fair chunk onto the cost.
    Anyone have any thoughts?

Have a look at http://www.clarkmotorsport.net/Home/1.html
    They are in Scotland and do DBA discs
    for the vxr

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Loads of us have bought from aus no issues.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Thanks drkjh, I had stumbled upon the Clark Motorsport website during my searching. For about the same price as they want I can get the newer style of DBA Disc from Oz.
    Burt, I saw that a few guys have bought the complete set from Oz from zoomzoomautoparts on Ebay. My mouse has hovered over the 'Buy it Now' a few times, but the lack of branding worries me. Can you remember what brand the rotors and pads were when they arrived? (I appreciate it was about 2 years ago now)
    In answer to my own original question, after asking the EBC guys, they only do the original (boring) discs in our size.

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Sorry Monty I don't remember the branding on the packaging other than the box was white and blue maybe someone who recently had them delivered could pop in and let us know.

FWIW ive had no issues with these at all since fitting

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

1. At the end of 2015 Clarks told me they weren't stocking DBA any more. They could get me them, but it would take a while.

2. Zoomzoom : I can't remember what brand the discs were either. I wasn't sure about unbranded pads, but he quoted me an extra $250 (aussie $) for Ferrodo DS Sport (used to be called DS2000 - slightly lower performance orientation than DS2500) instead of their "carbon pads".
    2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0d S for her
    2014 Lotus Evora S (SportsRacer) for him

Thanks for the help guys.
    I'll go ahead and buy the zoomzoom discs & pads next pay day. And i'll post on here what brand the discs and pads are to avoid this situation in the future
    If, after a few years, the zoomzoom discs start to rust a lot, at least i know which DBA discs to order.

Mik, one last question, was the 250AUD for all 8 pads swapped to the "DS Sport" pads, or just the front four (ie, the carbon ones)?

For all pads Monty - front and rear
    2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0d S for her
    2014 Lotus Evora S (SportsRacer) for him

Grand, thanks.
    Will report back in a few weeks

That clears that up, both pads and discs are Bremaxx.
    I asked about other pad makes and was told that they don't offer any other brands so they've obviously stopped that aspect of the service.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread