Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Halogen to Xenon Loom Adaptor

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here so I'll introduce myself. I'm Hal, born and bred in London but now living in sunny Sydney. I purchased an Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition in April, over here they are known as HSV VXR Nurburgring Edition. The car is number 648 of 835 worldwide, and 13 of 20 over in Australia. They are exceptionally rare here. I'll post some pics soon.

I'm looking at getting the original Xenon projector headlights, there are versions out there without AFL which is what I'm likely to get. I know that the current plug for the halogen headlights has 8 pins, and the xenons have a 10 pin.

On the Tech2 site, they used to sell a loom adaptor as part of the retrofit install, see below:

https://tech2.guru/astra-h-retrofit-afl-headlights/

Unfortunately, these are no longer available. Would any of you kind gentlemen be able to steer me in the right direction as to where I'm able to get this adaptor?

I've looked all over the internet and even checked on here; but I have not had any luck. All I seem to find are the adaptors for the Astra G instead.

I'd appreciate any help you guys could provide.

Thanks

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Hi mate welcome , I changed mine to xenons not afl and kit came as one , can you not order bits from here should just be same but not 100%

Hi mate thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm not sure I understand, do you mean you got a non AFL version and it came with the adaptor? Or do you mean to modify the loom myself? Or do you mean you just got a HID kit for the currnt standard headlights?

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

Hi mate I bought the bi xenons non directional from Vauxhall and you can get the parts from pecky on here I still believe there is a thread on the how to chat on Astra chat

Oh ok, thanks mate. I've messaged pecky directly to see if he still has or can still make the loom adaptor. I take it being from Vauxhall, they'll be the Hella ones from Germany?

VXRacing ahead

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...wiring-NOT-AFL!

Have a read of this, if you want to run aftermarket hid kit instead of oem ballast and ignitors

Quote Originally Posted by robo22sri View Post
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...wiring-NOT-AFL!

Have a read of this, if you want to run aftermarket hid kit instead of oem ballast and ignitors
    Thanks mate I'll have a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question lads, what's the standard colour Temperature on these Bi-XENONs? (Assuming I can get a loom adaptor from pecky and just plug and play).

VXRacing ahead

Depends on the colour you want, but 4K/5k

I really wouldn't bother with the plug and play looms as you still need to buy the ballast and igniters

Quote Originally Posted by robo22sri View Post
    Depends on the colour you want, but 4K/5k

I really wouldn't bother with the plug and play looms as you still need to buy the ballast and igniters
    Wouldn't the OEM Hella ballast be sufficient to run a 6000k set of DS2s?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast