+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Thunder Road 2017 - Pre-Meet/Convoy

I know a few of the South Eastern and possibly East Anglia people are attending this years Thunder Road at Kendrew Barracks.

I will be traveling up on the morning with a few others so thought it would be good to put up a couple of meeting points for others wishing to convoy along.

We ideally need to get there for just after 8am to take advantage of breakfast and go through the vehicle checks and sound testing. The journey according to google is 2 hours 09 mins but I expect it to take less than that early on a Saturday morning.

At present there are 2 meeting points and I could add further ones if needed.

So first stop is 6am at Shell Garage on Junction 28 of the M25/A12 if everyone is there we will leave within 5 mins but will hang on until 6.10am for anyone running a little behind.

Next stop is Birchanger Services on the M11 for anyone else at 6.40am. If no one requests a meet from here we will delete this from the list and just meet at the first stop. On from there I expect it to take about 1 hour 30 mins to hit Kendrew with a short stop at the Shell garage on the A1 after The A1 M by Thornhaugh to top up on Fuel before hitting Kendrew about 20 mins later.

If anyone is interested post below and I'll add you to the list

6.00am Shell @ M25/A12

1. VXRRy
    2. Mattyslost
    3. KnightVXR
    4. Robo22sri

6.40 Birchanger Services

1. Klystron

7.10-20am Cambridge Services

1. James (Burg)
    2. Natholomew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VXRRy; 8th August 2017 at 05:54 PM.

I will be at Birchanger

Quote Originally Posted by Klystron View Post
    I will be at Birchanger
    Added Andy

Added a short stop at Cambridge Services to collect a chap coming from Ipswich way so we will be driving through at about 7.10ish

Still on the fence about going. I'll be coming from Bury so I can join at Cambridge too if I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Natholomew View Post
    Still on the fence about going. I'll be coming from Bury so I can join at Cambridge too if I go.
    If you want to go you'll have to get it booked asap and complete the MOD admission form on the site as otherwise you will not be allowed in on the day.

So can't be a see if you fancy it the night before. Today is last chance really 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by VXRRy View Post
    If you want to go you'll have to get it booked asap and complete the MOD admission form on the site as otherwise you will not be allowed in on the day.

So can't be a see if you fancy it the night before. Today is last chance really 👍🏼

Yeah, I was aware of the 72 hour prior submission. Decided to go for it so all booked now. Will be coming alone though as everyone is either busy or dead to the world at 6am.

Not good with early mornings myself, so will hopefully be at Cambridge by 7:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Natholomew View Post
    Yeah, I was aware of the 72 hour prior submission. Decided to go for it so all booked now. Will be coming alone though as everyone is either busy or dead to the world at 6am.

Not good with early mornings myself, so will hopefully be at Cambridge by 7:10.
    Cool. Will be another lad in a burg there called James waiting from 7am. You'll no doubt see him on route on the A14.

See you there

Thanks to all for being at the meeting points at the correct times. The drive up was good and the day even better! Roll on next year!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast