+ Reply to Thread

Thread: advice please

VXRed

Default advice please

hey all I am looking to buy a red 6.2 manual vxr8 2009 what kind of prices do theses make and what should I look for I know about the ls7 clutch is something good to have I have found one that has a monkfish wortec cat back exhaust does anyone know about this is it any good or is there a better exhaust for them any advice would be great thanks

Price tends to be mileage dependant. Later LS3 6.2 cars demand a bit more than early LS2 6.0 of course.

LS7 clutch is definitely good to have (although mine was still on the original LS3 item when I sold it at 38k miles and it was doing fine) - particularly if you want to mod it.

Original fit exhaust is very restrictive and quiet - hence few remain on them. Wortec and Walkinshaw cat-back (usually with electric bi-modal switching) are definitely the most popular, but other options are available. (Mine for example had a Magnaflow cat-back and I thought it was epic).
    2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0d S for her
    2014 Lotus Evora S (SportsRacer) for him

VXR newbie

It could've changed since I bought mine last year but I'd say it'd be somewhere between £18K to £20K for a low mileage example. Mine is around 60K miles, still bone stock and has the original clutch, pulls away just fine (I like to tell myself it's not been abused too much by the last owner!)

From what I've read on exhausts from doing my own research, people seem to be in favour for both systems (Wortec & Walky) being almost being split right down the middle. I guess it comes down to what you prefer the sound of? There's some useful vids on youtube to get an impression:

Comparison Vid
    Walkinshaw Bi-Modal
    Wortec Cat-Back
    Walkinshaw w/Cam Upgrade
    Another Comparison Vid

VXRed

thanks for the answers and also the videos links very helpful I will be going to view one with a wortec cat back exhaust next Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by peter180 View Post
    thanks for the answers and also the videos links very helpful I will be going to view one with a wortec cat back exhaust next Saturday!
    If you're happy to, post a link to the car and maybe we can give you more info.

Either way, when you go see the car, definitely take a note of the build number on the build plate under the bonnet - very easy to find - then check the Ultimate Build Register thread at the top of this sub-forum to see if the car was previously owned by anyone on here. You might be able to get more history/info on the car before you purchase that way.
    VXR8 GTS Sting Red
    6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 (779bhp and 765lb ft torque)
    Modified and tuned by Walkinshaw Performance UK

VXRed

[QUOTE=pah250;3850188]If you're happy to, post a link to the car and maybe we can give you more info.

here is the link https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--2009/7524707 I will have a look for the build number when I go see it thanks

[QUOTE=peter180;3850232]
    Quote Originally Posted by pah250 View Post
    If you're happy to, post a link to the car and maybe we can give you more info.

here is the link https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--2009/7524707 I will have a look for the build number when I go see it thanks
    What a coincidence - that looks like my old car, and if it is it will be build number 214!! Last I knew it was owned by a chap called Jonathan, I met him just a few months ago. He told me he was selling it but don't know if he has yet, I'm assuming he hasn't and this is his sale advert.

If it is my old car, then I certainly wouldn't worry about the mileage, it's mostly motorway miles. I'd happily buy it back if I were looking for another VXR8. It was well looked after by Monkfish, all the usually issues were taken car of so all the big spending has been done. I still own the original wheels off this car - really should get around to putting them on flea bay.
    VXR8 GTS Sting Red
    6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 (779bhp and 765lb ft torque)
    Modified and tuned by Walkinshaw Performance UK

VXRed

[QUOTE=pah250;3850243][QUOTE=peter180;3850232]

What a coincidence - that looks like my old car, and if it is it will be build number 214!! Last I knew it was owned by a chap called Jonathan, I met him just a few months ago. He told me he was selling it but don't know if he has yet, I'm assuming he hasn't and this is his sale advert.

yes that is his name he told me the reason for sale was he has bought another vxr8 one that is more modified ill defiantly have a look at the build number and let you know but that is awesome that you know the car it must be a good one which was my worry buying one that has not been looked after very well

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

16k got you a very nice well known car.

Hope your enjoying it.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

+ Reply to Thread