+ Reply to Thread
    VXR newbie

Default My 2013 Arden Corsa VXR

Thought it was about time I start a build thread for my Corsa so here we go.

Bought the car in Sep '16. This is pretty much how it was besides the private reg.

First mod on the car was a Ramair cone filter, but it was wayyy to loud for my liking so went for a Jetex cone instead. Slightly more subtle and the colour was a bonus. I also painted the coil pack cover arden blue as seen in the pic at a later date.

It's got a Pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit with full adapters, works with steering wheel controls and original USB port it's pretty sick. Got a pair of Pioneer component speakers for the doors and a custom under-floor boot build (made it myself) with Pioneer 4CH amp and Pioneer shallow 12" sub. Nice rounded system tbh not too boomy.

I fitted the Triple R Composite front splitter, bit more aggressive than the usual 'burg splitter I think. This fell off on the motorway on boxing day and cracked my bumper open, getting this repaired soon. I bodge repaired the splitter myself with filler but it needs redoing really by a professional.

I managed to get a mates rates steal on a full turbo back 'burg Milltek exhaust. Bought a Kuro Carbon ribbed twin exit diffuser. This is my favourite feature by far it looks so mean from the back. Also sounds awesome. The diffuser needs painting as it's still gel-coat atm, just haven't got round to it looks good as it is.

I fitted white DRL LED's to get rid of the horrible yellowy stock ones.

I wasn't a fan of the faux aluminium plastics inside the car so took them off and painted them gloss black I think it looks way better. Saved myself a few quid painting rather than buying the 'burg steering wheel trim for sure.

My most recent addition was a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport's. My god they are awesome tyres. Expensive but worth every penny. Semi-slicks may be better on track but as an all-round fast-road tyre they are so good.

That's all for now, happy for people to share their thoughts/critisms and give ideas. Got plenty planned that's for sure (Tune, springs, gauges etc).

Nice build thread and car... looking good.
    I like the splitter, but how does it manage to fall off on a motorway?
    Personally, I prefer the standard interior trim, but it's your car, so the only thing that counts is you being happy with it.
    Would love to try the pilot tyres, it's just the cost of them. Got pirelli zeros on mine, actually been very impressed with them, good wear rate whilst still grippy.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXR newbie

Looking good there wish I had mates like that lol

Steve

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Nice build thread and car... looking good.
    I like the splitter, but how does it manage to fall off on a motorway?
    Personally, I prefer the standard interior trim, but it's your car, so the only thing that counts is you being happy with it.
    Would love to try the pilot tyres, it's just the cost of them. Got pirelli zeros on mine, actually been very impressed with them, good wear rate whilst still grippy.
    The splitter fell off because I was lazy and didn't take the front bumper off so I could nut and bolt the splitter on the front two mounts, just used wood screws instead. It was a very windy day and I was on the motorway going into the wind and it just pulled the screws out and the splitter hit the tarmac and made a mess. Lesson learned the hard way it's bolted up all round now and no issues since.

I had Sport Contact 5's before and I thought they were pretty good, but these are on another level. Never tried the pirellis so I can't give you a comparison unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread