Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default My 2013 Arden Corsa VXR

Thought it was about time I start a build thread for my Corsa so here we go.

Bought the car in Sep '16. This is pretty much how it was besides the private reg.

First mod on the car was a Ramair cone filter, but it was wayyy to loud for my liking so went for a Jetex cone instead. Slightly more subtle and the colour was a bonus. I also painted the coil pack cover arden blue as seen in the pic at a later date.

It's got a Pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit with full adapters, works with steering wheel controls and original USB port it's pretty sick. Got a pair of Pioneer component speakers for the doors and a custom under-floor boot build (made it myself) with Pioneer 4CH amp and Pioneer shallow 12" sub. Nice rounded system tbh not too boomy.

I fitted the Triple R Composite front splitter, bit more aggressive than the usual 'burg splitter I think. This fell off on the motorway on boxing day and cracked my bumper open, getting this repaired soon. I bodge repaired the splitter myself with filler but it needs redoing really by a professional.

I managed to get a mates rates steal on a full turbo back 'burg Milltek exhaust. Bought a Kuro Carbon ribbed twin exit diffuser. This is my favourite feature by far it looks so mean from the back. Also sounds awesome. The diffuser needs painting as it's still gel-coat atm, just haven't got round to it looks good as it is.

I fitted white DRL LED's to get rid of the horrible yellowy stock ones.

I wasn't a fan of the faux aluminium plastics inside the car so took them off and painted them gloss black I think it looks way better. Saved myself a few quid painting rather than buying the 'burg steering wheel trim for sure.

I fitted Michelin PSS Tyres in June 2017 and they are a wicked tyre, super sticky wet and dry and seem to be wearing very well too.

Sep '17: I fitted some KW Variant 2 Coilovers with a proper Geo setup, hands down the best upgrade done to the car. The ride is improved over standard, feels stiffer but the damping is much better, I felt that the OEM damping is far too much and crashes over bumps but the KW's just soak it up.
    I set the rebound damping to the KW recommended and haven't touched it since it's just right. The grip of the car is massively improved and also the steering feel is much tighter, much less input required to point the car where you want it. Worth every penny.
    The car is also sitting way nicer now, not too low I don't like scraping but much better than standard (See images below of new stance).

Nov '17: I took the car to RnD Motorsport for Stage 2 Map with upgraded injectors (613cc's). Ticked both the boxes for launch control and hard cut limiter because why not eh?
    They managed to squeeze 230hp and 238.5ftlbs (see print out below), huge improvement in pace and it sounds even better than before with plenty of crackles and pops and a nice burble on overrun. Spits flames good too.
    Next bottlenecks is intercooler and actuator/recric but I think this is a good amount of power to stick with on the stock bottom end, will forge before pushing it any harder.

Mar '18: About time for some better stopping power so I fitted some drilled and grooved EBC disks and redstuff pads. Along with some courtenay sport braided lines. Brake feel is much improved but I think some brembo 4 pots from a 'burg are still needed.

Last edited by Alex Vane; 24th June 2018 at 12:27 PM.

Nice build thread and car... looking good.
    I like the splitter, but how does it manage to fall off on a motorway?
    Personally, I prefer the standard interior trim, but it's your car, so the only thing that counts is you being happy with it.
    Would love to try the pilot tyres, it's just the cost of them. Got pirelli zeros on mine, actually been very impressed with them, good wear rate whilst still grippy.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXR newbie

Looking good there wish I had mates like that lol

Steve

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Nice build thread and car... looking good.
    I like the splitter, but how does it manage to fall off on a motorway?
    Personally, I prefer the standard interior trim, but it's your car, so the only thing that counts is you being happy with it.
    Would love to try the pilot tyres, it's just the cost of them. Got pirelli zeros on mine, actually been very impressed with them, good wear rate whilst still grippy.
    The splitter fell off because I was lazy and didn't take the front bumper off so I could nut and bolt the splitter on the front two mounts, just used wood screws instead. It was a very windy day and I was on the motorway going into the wind and it just pulled the screws out and the splitter hit the tarmac and made a mess. Lesson learned the hard way it's bolted up all round now and no issues since.

I had Sport Contact 5's before and I thought they were pretty good, but these are on another level. Never tried the pirellis so I can't give you a comparison unfortunately.

Closed Thread