+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing tyres

VXRed

Default Changing tyres

Just changed front two tyres today after 20k miles on the original Michelin pilot sports. Now got conti sport contact 5. Anybody else changed Thiers yet and what particular rubber have you chosen?

Oft you done well getting 20k out the fronts, must not drive it hard lol. I only got 11k out my fronts and then put Michelin pilot sport 4's on it caus I found it really hard to get Super sports.
    Corsa VXR Nürburgring 280 - Gone!
    Corsa E VXR flash blue,performance pack + toys - loving it!

VXRed

Yeah I don't usually drive it hard and tootle around in 5th most of the time, only have fun if I encounter another hot hatch lol, the conti tyres feel quite hard so might get a few miles out of those too. I couldn't find the Michelin's again so chose the contis

Had the conti 5's on my burg only got 8k out of them tho but they were amazing in the wet. Got 11k out the standard conti 2's and 9k out of the conti 3's
    Corsa VXR Nürburgring 280 - Gone!
    Corsa E VXR flash blue,performance pack + toys - loving it!

I had both my front tyres changed to Hankook Ventus Prime 2's when I brought my Corsa E VXR 3 months ago. The original Michelin Pilot Sport tyres looked to have lasted 12k with the 1st previous owner. I've now done 2k with the Hankook's and they've been pretty good all round tyres so far

How can get such low miles out of a set a Tyres ? I'am coming up to 15k out of my Super Sports and still got around 3.5mm left and that includes quite a few hard drives to Wales, Yorkshire etc..

I'd cry if only got like 10k out of a set!
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

+ Reply to Thread