+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default BSR remap, thoughts?

Did a search and nothing had shown up.

Anyone here had the BSR remap for the Insignia OPC/VXR?

I know the usual suspects are likes of Courtenay however I am in Australia so thats not really an option.

BSR is available here however and carries a mechanical warranty, but i'd like to see/know if anyone had any experiences with it.

VXRed blooded

Just browsed their site... info is vague and inaccurate about stage 1...maybe a typo error but looks like they just used Vectra VXR details.
    Price wise...far too expensive unless that's with massive amount of dyno time and a free flow filter in the price.
    Just got mine remapped to stage 1.... £300 for admittedly a mostly generic map.
    As for the performance gains....do it.

VXRed

Unfortunately in Australia options are very limited for remaps, only 50 odd versions of my car were actually sold.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

In your case I would search out the company best known for their live remap skills and go to them.

Midrange gain should be around 100 BHP (75kw) and peak power should rise from 320 bhp (238 kw) to 360 bhp (268kw) ish. With the torque rising from 320 lbft to 400-430 Lbft
    It aint about how hard you hit............ its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

Quote Originally Posted by fredoops View Post
    Unfortunately in Australia options are very limited for remaps, only 50 odd versions of my car were actually sold.
    The Melbourne dealer who sold me mine said another he'd sold had been taken straight to Walkinshaw for remapping. Don't know any other details, but you could try them.

Peak power won't raise that high on stage 1 your looking at around 335/340 at best it's the mid range that you will see the gain as stated an extra 100bhp and the lift in torque to 400 lbft . From past experience on previous cars always best to get a custom map rather than a generic one loaded . I've not touched the insignia yet as still under warranty

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by peterdw View Post
    The Melbourne dealer who sold me mine said another he'd sold had been taken straight to Walkinshaw for remapping. Don't know any other details, but you could try them.
    I think it's Horsepower factory rather than Walkinshaw (well they're neighbours almost).

I guess I'll decide once I get my down pipe back from Jet Hot for ceramic coating.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

+ Reply to Thread