+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help please

VXR newbie

Default help please

hi ive been looking at 2 vxr8 but I cant make my mind up which one I prefer could anyone have a look at theses link and let me know which one they would go for thanks Joshua

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Vauxh...wAAOSwBPVZkHPP

http://www.tradecarsdirectstaffs.co....01708088155196

Personally, i'd go for the MWP one (the ebay link).
    MWP are highly regarded on this forum (although I have no knowledge of them personally), so you can be sure that you'll be getting a good car from them.
    The MWP car has the LS7 clutch upgrade, upgraded suspension and a full exhaust system, whereas the other one is pretty much stock apart from the exhaust according to the advert.
    The MWP car has a Walkinshaw exhaust, the TCD one has a Wortec. This is a personal thing, find a youtube comparison video (there are loads about) and see which you prefer the sound of.
    Finally, 22k seems a bit of a high asking price for an example with 60,000 miles on the clock, the MWP is cheaper and you get more for your money, although the miles are a bit higher.
    Last edited by MontyPythonX; 17th August 2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Good baseline comparison video.
    Walkinshaw on the left, Wortec on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBKtNnOaAo

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

The one from MWP was Joe cars, MWP have removed the wortec exhaust and the alcantra covered steering wheel, so someone has had some nice touches added to their car lol

That said Joes car wanted for nothing and is a bloody good car.

The other one for sale has the satnav option which to be honest is pants and not worth the extra money.

Stick with MWP a trusted trader.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

VXR newbie

thanks for the reply the only thing I am worried about is the 102k miles would this put you off? thanks joshua

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Nope far from it these are good for well over 102k miles.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Also, a car that's been looked after for 102k miles is going to be better than one thats been ragged for 60k miles

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by joshua123 View Post
    thanks for the reply the only thing I am worried about is the 102k miles would this put you off? thanks joshua
    badboyburt is right, GM manufactured the LS2/LS3 engine to be good for 300,000 miles and they are mechanically very simple, so with regular servicing 102k will be no problem engine wise.

Whilst it is true that the engines will last longer than even most of us, you should remember that most else attached to the car will have a much shorter life. So you should consider the cost of new brake discs/pads, suspension parts such as top mounts and control arms, etc, even springs and shocks may all need doing at some point. Then there's engine mounts and even headers may need patching up at some point (to name but a few). Just putting it out there. And yes, I've had all these parts replaced on my 65k mile model....
    Hoovering up the road

2007 VXR8

Walkinshaw Performance Power Pack, Headers and Supersport Cats. Ebay Antenna.

+ Reply to Thread