+ Reply to Thread

Thread: first vxr ☺

VXRed

Default first vxr ☺

Hi guys, just got my first vxr got to say I love it. Needs some tlc but still a stunning looking car. It's in arden blue with black wheels. Apart from that total standard but I do have some plans. Just done the front wheel bearing as I found who ever worked on it previously had done a shambles of a job. All three bolts holding the hub were loose. My next task is to sprt out the blue smoke. I'm thinking stem seals but there is a fair amount of play in the turbo shaft and coating of oil in the top hat so I'm unsure atm. May just do both haha. It's on 124k which people tell me is high but has full service history. I got it for a bargain too. Straight swap for a seat ibiza cuppa in yellow. Paid 1000 for the car, rebuilt the top end few other bits. Eventually running 280bhp but that also had its issues.

Anyway just thought I'd say hello and il be doing a thread on start to finish with my plans 😊

Welcome aboard VxRO mate
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Wilkommen.

What exhaust system is on there and when does the blue smoke appear?
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

It has a standard system all the way through atm. No decathlon. Preferably cat still in place. It smokes more when it warm but not really while driving as far as I can tell. But boost is sort off one minute pulls like a train then the next shift may be a little more flat than before and so etimes misfire. I know the coil pack is usually an issue. That's when I decided to check the shaft which does have play And oil in the top hat. I've got a video on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jk43-Tc_vyk

Thanks for the reply

VXRed

Good to be here found so much info already haha. Would like to do the retrofit aux that I can see on your post, is it difficult to do? I have the cd70 navi from 2006 so I'm guessing I'd need to update the firmware

VXRed

It has the standard system on her atm. No decat and precat still in place. It smokes more when at a standstill say if you've been on a long run and come to a junction or traffic lights, when pulling away get a puff of blue smoke. I noticed the boost between gears as well has a mind of its own. 1st gear good solid boost, 2nd gear little different more flat and sometimes misfire occurs. That's when I decided to check the shaft which does have play. I know the coil pack are an issue but obviously that's not my smoking issue haha. Also a very strong smell of oil once warm
    Last edited by evans0291; 20th August 2017 at 11:00 AM.

VXRed

OK guys I've just decided, the play in the shaft is a define sign that it won't last long so I'm ordering a cartridge of turbo rebuild. Anyone used them before? I was going to get there hybrid version that's good enough upto 350bhp but until I get to the route of my problem with the blue smoke I'm going to keep it simple. Anyway 0lenty of time for upgrades haha. So that should be here next week Wednesday. Done a few turbo rebuilds never had any problems so for the sake of 125 delivered I'm happy. If that doesn't stop burning oil then least I know I'm at piece of mind with the shaft. At that point il replace the valve stem seals with the upgraded ones I've seen online. Anyway guys il report back but in the mean time if anyone has used turbo rebuild let me know what you thought of them. They do have a great selection of hybrids stage 1-2 etc. All used with the standard manifold.
    Last edited by evans0291; 20th August 2017 at 07:14 PM.

Hello and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread