+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default One touch windows VXR8 2007

I am in the process of getting all my windows to be one touch in both directions with the use of an Arduino and a relay and a few other bits. Then it dawned on me the fronts being one touch in the down only motion and I thought is it something that can be programmed with tech 2 or the like.

Has anyone done it or similar ?

thanks.

I should add the arduino and parts is a working item it is just to be connected to the back of the switch.

Can't help you, but I'm interested in the answer. The lack of the one touch window raising has annoyed me since I bought the car.

Any update on this?

VXRed

Hi, sorry not yet. Work has to come first I am afraid, but will update. My electronics person has found a possible wiring problem in the Haynes manual wiring diagram so may delay it a little.

VXRed

Hi, my Haynes manual wiring is correct but the description is wrong. The front window control Module only has fast down in it no fast down. And uses a simple hold on electronic timer latch to drive the down mode there no canbus signal to the module.
    It is located in gap between the front dash and driver side door pillar just below the vent. There's nothing in special the door either.
    Simplest way would add an ne555 based timer and insert it between the centre console switch block and the exiting front window module using up output as the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MIEEE

VXRed

Should have also that front and rear are on separate circuits. The rears run off big connector block and front go smal 14 pin block on the back of the console switch which also carries the mirror controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MIEEE

VXRed

Thanks for the info. I am getting near a trial run. Although I think the cost is not worth it and for now will only work on the front. I bought a cheap switch off Oz ebay from China and cut it up to make sockets so the entire system will not cut into the loom. Also bought a section of loom with plug from a breaker (that was eye watering).

I have made 2 plugs and sockets so maybe the rears will get done, but that said no one ever sits in the back.

Ref the Haynes manual. My electronics chap said something about the "switch at rest being in the wrong position", and 2 +12v to somwhere or something like that. Don't mean a lot to me I am afraid.
    He is using relays but using the arduino to allow for adjustable timings if needed.

VXRed

The Standard switch block whilst it can be taken apart won't back togetether again - the problem is that the Mirror switch elements drop out and refitting them stops the mirror switches from functioning. Tried it and had to buy a new switch unit!
    The windows swtich block are standard self containe dunits if a little fragile they park between up and down.
    I would use the rear 12V pin (middle of the large rear window block as the power source) it a 10A fused link whereas the front is only 1 amp. The setup a 4 channel timer circuit using either relays or 2 Dual channel NE555 timers. Arduino is IMHO a bit an overkill though would work.
    MIEEE

+ Reply to Thread