+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Getting rid of my ziggy for a vxr8

Hi all can you please help
    Ive got a stage 3 modified insiginia but so many problems ive fell out of love with it and looking for a change .
    Seen a few 2012 vxr8 for sale look and sound amazing but what are they like to live with as a daily driver and a family car ?
    Thanks again Ryan

Hi Ryan,
    I have had my VXR8 for around 6 months and use it daily for work (40 mile round trip) and as a family car with a wife and 2 kids. I have loved every mile with it, all 7k in 6 months lol. Yes its a little thirsty, but with a stage 3 ziggy its not going to be far off and you have that added benefit of that V8

They have plenty of space for the family and they do actually return a decent MPG on a run. Like most cars just keep them serviced and they should treat you well.
    Why do noisy thngs cost so much money?? The wife, Kids and the VXR8.

VXRed

I'm on my second VXR8 now. The gap between selling the first one, and buying my current one, was the most painful 6 months of my life.

A lot depends on which model year you go for.

The original VXR8's, the E1 - 6 litre LS2 engine (2007 to 200, or the E2 - 6.2 litre LS3 (2009 to 2010), are the better looking car IMHO. The E3, badged as a GTS, (2010 - 2012 I think) is essentially the same as the E2 with a slightly different centre console in the dash, and some trinkets and fairy light DRL styling changes on the outside. Personally, I'm not a fan of the E3.

Next came the Gen-F. I think the styling has lost its identity a little bit. Yes, it's still an epic car, of course it is, with an LSA supercharged engine, but for me, it looks like it could be from any mass produced manufacturer. The back end looks like it could be off a Mazda or something.

My pick of the bunch (and it's all about personal opinions right?) is an E2 Bathurst S.

My last one was a daily driver and was just epic. Of course it was a little expensive to run, but that's not the point. Arriving at work with a huge grin on your face. That's the point. It's big, comfy, practical and a brilliant family car too. If you're going to garage it, check the dimensions.

Just be warned, the driving experience, the noise, the knowing nods from the well informed, the open mouthed "what the **** is that?" from the less knowledgeable (especially if debadged), is like automotve cocaine.

Points to note from a daily driver. The FM reception on the radio is crap. But, the V8 soundtrack (especially with a Wortec or Walkinshaw exhaust) will mean you rarely have any choooons on anyway. Wind the window down (why do we still say wind - I haven't 'wound' down a window for eons), and give the loud pedal a squirt. There's a few options for radio upgrades, but I've not bothered on either of mine. The thing will swallow 6 CDs, and I have a little Bluetooth thingymebob that plugs in to the aux in, for streaming from the mobile phone. There's Bluetooth phone connectivity as standard, but just for the phone bit of your phone. If you see what I mean.

On a long run, the engine is effortless. It just sits there, quite happily, cruising along. If you really want to know, mpg's of 25/26 are easily achievable when sat at motorway speeds.

But poke it with a stick, and that power and torque will spin the earth backwards when you floor it.

The whole car is simple and affordable. There's no plethora of gearbox settings, or steering settings, or throttle response settings, or suspension response settings or any of that nonsense. If you want to drive a PlayStation, get a Nissan GTR.

Whatever the state of tune of any VXR8, you just can't get that sort of power, for that money, anywhere else.

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

E2 Bathurst S ? When did they make them ?

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Regional Assistant - South Essex nurburgring24's Avatar

The same time they made the vectra with body kit lol

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nurburgring24 View Post
    The same time they made the vectra with body kit lol
    Seemingly so. lol

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by GibGreen View Post
    I'm on my second VXR8 now. The gap between selling the first one, and buying my current one, was the most painful 6 months of my life.

A lot depends on which model year you go for.

The original VXR8's, the E1 - 6 litre LS2 engine (2007 to 200, or the E2 - 6.2 litre LS3 (2009 to 2010), are the better looking car IMHO. The E3, badged as a GTS, (2010 - 2012 I think) is essentially the same as the E2 with a slightly different centre console in the dash, and some trinkets and fairy light DRL styling changes on the outside. Personally, I'm not a fan of the E3.

Next came the Gen-F. I think the styling has lost its identity a little bit. Yes, it's still an epic car, of course it is, with an LSA supercharged engine, but for me, it looks like it could be from any mass produced manufacturer. The back end looks like it could be off a Mazda or something.

My pick of the bunch (and it's all about personal opinions right?) is an E2 Bathurst S.

My last one was a daily driver and was just epic. Of course it was a little expensive to run, but that's not the point. Arriving at work with a huge grin on your face. That's the point. It's big, comfy, practical and a brilliant family car too. If you're going to garage it, check the dimensions.

Just be warned, the driving experience, the noise, the knowing nods from the well informed, the open mouthed "what the **** is that?" from the less knowledgeable (especially if debadged), is like automotve cocaine.

Points to note from a daily driver. The FM reception on the radio is crap. But, the V8 soundtrack (especially with a Wortec or Walkinshaw exhaust) will mean you rarely have any choooons on anyway. Wind the window down (why do we still say wind - I haven't 'wound' down a window for eons), and give the loud pedal a squirt. There's a few options for radio upgrades, but I've not bothered on either of mine. The thing will swallow 6 CDs, and I have a little Bluetooth thingymebob that plugs in to the aux in, for streaming from the mobile phone. There's Bluetooth phone connectivity as standard, but just for the phone bit of your phone. If you see what I mean.

On a long run, the engine is effortless. It just sits there, quite happily, cruising along. If you really want to know, mpg's of 25/26 are easily achievable when sat at motorway speeds.

But poke it with a stick, and that power and torque will spin the earth backwards when you floor it.

The whole car is simple and affordable. There's no plethora of gearbox settings, or steering settings, or throttle response settings, or suspension response settings or any of that nonsense. If you want to drive a PlayStation, get a Nissan GTR.

Whatever the state of tune of any VXR8, you just can't get that sort of power, for that money, anywhere else.
    There is no such thing as an E2 Bathurst S mate.

The original VXR8 with the 6.0 litre LS2 engine is an E1. Then later they upgraded the engine to the 6.2 litre LS3 but it's still an E1 car. All the Bathurst cars (including S) are E1 cars. There is only a single E2 car in the country and this was a private import. Vauxhall did not bring any E2 cars into the country.

The E3 car has uprated suspension with magnetic ride control to vary the ride stiffness. It also has 20" alloys as standard, bi-modal exhaust as standard, nostrils in the bonnet, more aggressive body styling and full leather seats. The Bluetooth is much better in the E3 too, in that it works correctly! Reverse parking camera too instead of just the sensors with bleeps that the E1 has. The interior of the E3 is a much nicer place to be than the E1.

In short, the E3 is a much improved car over the E1 and it shows when you've lived with both as I have. Plus, there are only 15 E3's in the UK. Very rare. There are more Bathurst E1's than there are E3's.
    VXR8 GTS Sting Red
    6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 (779bhp and 765lb ft torque)
    Modified and tuned by Walkinshaw Performance UK

Quote Originally Posted by badboyburt View Post
    E2 Bathurst S ? When did they make them ?
    lol - exactly!!
    VXR8 GTS Sting Red

Paul weareth the anorak of correctness in this thread.
    2017 Jaguar F-Pace 3.0d S for her
    2014 Lotus Evora S (SportsRacer) for him

Quote Originally Posted by mik_ok View Post
    Paul weareth the anorak of correctness in this thread.
    VXR8 GTS Sting Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast