Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Thumbs up Insignia vxr best de-cat

Recommendations for the best Insignia VXR DeCat System?

Have look over on Courtenay sport they do a sports system which is mot friendly that replaces both with a sports cat

VXRed

Which cat?

There's 2 of them.

One in the downpipe right after the turbo and one in the mid pipe before the car back exhaust.

I have the RSS downpipe by regal autos port. Quality is ok (nit the best), then again price is better than Courtneys however.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

What bumps up the price of Courtenay's is the quality of the sports cat they use as it's designed to last also you are getting 2 sections in one don't forget running from the turbo to where you connect to the middle section under the car and a good quality pipe

VXRed blooded

You need a cat somewhere.... at the turbo is the worst place so that is the 1st one to go...however that creates the issue of the 2 lambda O2 sensors.
    2nd one needs to go AFTER a cat or be ecu programmed out.
    I'm being a cheap skate and just coring the cat at the turbo to see how it behaves before committing to a new downpipe...the mid pipe will likely stay simply for looks and MOT but i may get the cat in it swapped out for a sports unit.
    It all depends on your budget and final expectations....Courtenay decat downpipe and mid section is probably up there with the best but £1150

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    What bumps up the price of Courtenay's is the quality of the sports cat they use as it's designed to last also you are getting 2 sections in one don't forget running from the turbo to where you connect to the middle section under the car and a good quality pipe
    Regal also sells a mid-pipe with a sport cat.... i think...

If not you could always just buy an OBD2 compliant metal cat to put in there (the mid pipe that is), i think it just have to meet Euro4. Vibrant racing makes them IIRC

On a side note i am pretty darn sure the Regal downpipes are made by Friedrich Motorsport

Quote Originally Posted by genman View Post
    You need a cat somewhere.... at the turbo is the worst place so that is the 1st one to go...however that creates the issue of the 2 lambda O2 sensors.
    2nd one needs to go AFTER a cat or be ecu programmed out.
    You could cheese it with a defouler/spacer for the secondary O2 to avoid the CEL, it's used by the Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8T guys, being the same engine i dont see why it wont work here.

I'm not sure you'd get much out of the mid pipe and catback exhaust, the OEM system is already a Remus @ 2.8 inch diameter pretty free flowing as is, I'm trying to focus on the intake side at the moment, trying to figure out intercooler piping to use with a spare intercooler I found lying around.
    Last edited by fredoops; 3rd September 2017 at 03:23 PM.
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

VXR newbie

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I'm going to go with the Courtenay's sport cat!

VXRacing ahead

I have the Courtney one . And just removed the other cat and centre box.

Closed Thread