+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Issues fitting airtec

Anyone have any problems fitting their airtec? If I put the pipes the way the instructions show then the boost pressure sensor is facing the gearbox and sitting against the reverse light switch, and the wiring for the sensor doesn't seem to reach? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rossbrown_1 View Post
    Anyone have any problems fitting their airtec? If I put the pipes the way the instructions show then the boost pressure sensor is facing the gearbox and sitting against the reverse light switch, and the wiring for the sensor doesn't seem to reach? Cheers
    Had this exact problem with mine! I basically just forced the metal pipe up as far as i could into the silicone hose that goes to throttle body until I could plug the sensor in, although it is currently resting on the gearbox plug thing as you say and the wire is pretty tight. Doesn't seem to be causing me any problems though.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Is this on the pipe going from the intercooler up to the intake valve?

If so, I had to flip the pipe upside down and reinstall the sensor the other way round from memory and that seemed to solve the issue
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Remus 3 Piece | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Had this exact problem with mine! I basically just forced the metal pipe up as far as i could into the silicone hose that goes to throttle body until I could plug the sensor in, although it is currently resting on the gearbox plug thing as you say and the wire is pretty tight. Doesn't seem to be causing me any problems though.
    That's what I was going to try but seemed like the wiring would be really stretched? Didn't seem right, have you had yours in a while with no issues?

That's what I was going to try but seemed like the wiring would be really stretched? Didn't seem right, have you had yours in a while with no issues?
    Been in around 2 months now I think with no problems, and it's also been remapped since then too so had dyno runs etc and no problems.

It's sort of tight, but not stretched if you get me lol? like there is a little bit of flex in mine if it needs it, Not ideal but couldn't really find a way to get it any better.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by 20Drift View Post
    Is this on the pipe going from the intercooler up to the intake valve?

If so, I had to flip the pipe upside down and reinstall the sensor the other way round from memory and that seemed to solve the issue
    Yeah that's the one, that's kind of what I've done to sort it, flipped the long hard pipe upside down and using the short silicone hose onto the throttle body and the longer one going down to the cooler, just think I'd prefer it done the way it's supposed to be

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Brucerutherford View Post
    Been in around 2 months now I think with no problems, and it's also been remapped since then too so had dyno runs etc and no problems.

It's sort of tight, but not stretched if you get me lol? like there is a little bit of flex in mine if it needs it, Not ideal but couldn't really find a way to get it any better.
    Might try and change it round then, I do want it fitted the way it's supposed to be but it just didn't seem right that way... would have thought a company like airtec would have kept the sensor in the same place as it is standard, especially with the amount they produce/sell for the corsa

Might try and change it round then, I do want it fitted the way it's supposed to be but it just didn't seem right that way... would have thought a company like airtec would have kept the sensor in the same place as it is standard, especially with the amount they produce/sell for the corsa
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking when I fitted mine haha I was sure I had it wrong for it to be such an awkward fit but apparently not!

+ Reply to Thread