+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new engine

VXR newbie

Default new engine

is it possible to put an astra gsi engine into a corsa d sri?

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Any thing is possible with time and lots of money. - not a straight swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

No point - just buy a Astra GSI/VXR or Corsa 1.6T.

By the time you do the work and declare insurance it will have cost you more and you won't have the extras like the brakes, interior etc.

You'll also have devalued your SRI.

Unless you can do the work yourself?? The biggest issue i suspect would be wiring and getting the info for that from somewhere..

FYI WGM have fitted a 2.0 ltr Astra VXR engine to a Corsa which is a similar engine - you can see this on ukcorsa-d.com

But again just sell your SRI and buy the real deal.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    No point - just buy a Astra GSI/VXR or Corsa 1.6T.

By the time you do the work and declare insurance it will have cost you more and you won't have the extras like the brakes, interior etc.

You'll also have devalued your SRI.

Unless you can do the work yourself?? The biggest issue i suspect would be wiring and getting the info for that from somewhere..

FYI WGM have fitted a 2.0 ltr Astra VXR engine to a Corsa which is a similar engine - you can see this on ukcorsa-d.com

But again just sell your SRI and buy the real deal.
    Why are most of your posts just telling people what they should and shouldn't do? This is a modifying forum. He is asking if it can be done, nothing about the insurance, brakes, interior etc. And Corsa SRI's (Even it's the 1.6T which I doubt it is) are like 2-3K, what's to devalue?

Yes it can be done as you've said by WG. Many more have also been done since but most run the LEH.

Some people prefer sleepers rather than the "real deal".

VXR enough

2-3k is lot of money in my book.

Most people that buy 1.4 sri's are either young drivers or people wanting a cheap runabout...a GSI'd 1.4 will either be unappealing or uninsura ble to those groups do yes it will be devalued or at the vary best extremely hard to sell....you can't argue with that.

If he owns a 1.4 then most likely he's a youngster whos got mad ideas of an engine swap...we've all been there...I don't think it's unreasonable of me to share some experience and tell him not to bother?

If he owns a 1.6 then that's a different matter but I'd still tell him not to bother, not for costs, but because there's nothing wrong with the 1.6.

Chill out!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 and Suzuki GS500

VXR enough

P.s I own a 1.6 sri do appreciate sleepers/subtle just fine!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LukesCorsaVXR View Post
    Why are most of your posts just telling people what they should and shouldn't do? This is a modifying forum. He is asking if it can be done, nothing about the insurance, brakes, interior etc. And Corsa SRI's (Even it's the 1.6T which I doubt it is) are like 2-3K, what's to devalue?

Yes it can be done as you've said by WG. Many more have also been done since but most run the LEH.

Actually it's not a modifying forum it's an owners forum technically.

Someone asked a question which was answered in the first reply, but as to whether it's worth doing I'd say no as well to be honest

Astra

He's right with what he's saying here though I'm afraid. the cost of that could go towards forging a 1.6t sri and making a far better sleeper imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

you can fit a z20lex engine but its not a easy job once you take into account
    engine
    gearbox
    mounts
    drive shafts
    ecu
    then time to fit all of the above
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Quote Originally Posted by LukesCorsaVXR View Post

only here to make the numbers up Luke, doesnt even own a vxr there to chavy apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast