+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Astra Mk5 1.6 Turbo Error 11065a

Hi guys,
    I'm Mattia from Italy, I have some issues with my Opel Astra Mk5 1.6 Turbo(Z16LET), last week came up this error code: 11065a, with the tech2 software, che code was recognized as undefined error, with other Diagnostic tools this code can't be readed.

I have read some post on this DTC, but all referred to z20LEx family, so now I explain what symptoms my car has:

- Cold start problem (engine run roughly, unstable idle, stall, strong smell of fuel from exhaust)

- Vacuum issue (@ 1st start the vacuum is unstable and goes to "zero" on my boost gauge, I need to keep the engine @1500 rpm for about 10 sec to avoid stalling)

- When engine is warm up, i can get only 15Hg of vacuum @ idle, before the issue i got about 20Hg

- Higher Idle (about 900/100rpm)

- I have also Backfires from exhaust, it's really embarrassing in the traffic

This issue is came up because when i was working on my car, to clean the throttle body, when i restart the car after cleaning all was Ok, but i have the laptop with the tech2 linked to the car, and accidentaly my daughter (2yrs old) push some button on the laptop and activated the fuel tank vent valve test, so the car engine shut off, from this time the car have the issue I'm talking about.

So I'm trying to fix this issue but with no result, I've already changed this parts:

- All vacuum lines(with silicone 3mm type)
    - All boost pipe was checked (ok)
    - Map sensor
    - AFM
    - Spark plug
    - Coil pack
    - Boost control solenoid (with rear BCS bypass)
    - ECM (I have one as used spare part)
    - I have also blocked with a cap the inlet manifold fuel tank valve vent line, nothing changed

My car has these mods:

- Airtec FMIC (with 60mm pipes)
    - Full 2,5" turbo back exhaust(TOYOSPORT PRECAT, BRAIN 200CPSI central KAT, SCORPION CATBACK non-res exhaust)
    - FORGE recircvalve(now fitted with the green spring)
    - BKR6EIX Iridium spark plug
    - Derestricted AIRBOX with Vectra C 1.9 CDTI aribox inlet pipe
    - Now I have stock map on the ecm

So I don't know what else can cause this problem to my engine.

Have you some advise to fix this problem?

I also ordered from my friend James(JMW Motorsport) in UK, an used TB as a last chance.

I Hope there's no issue with the Timing Belt, this has been changed 1 year ago.

Thank in advance to everybody!
    Last edited by tiagtc; 21st September 2017 at 10:43 AM.

Have you tested the replacement MAP sensor?
    http://www.aa1car.com/library/map_sensors.htm

Also, there are two boost control solenoids from memory - have you checked both?
    Corsa VXR - Stage 2 Rabbid Remapped
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Double Decat | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

Hi! The map sensor is BOSCH brand new...after the change the car goes a little bit better, but for few minutes, the issue is intermittent, sometimes i have the spanner light immediately, sometimes after few second.
    In some case the car starts good, but after about 30 second @idle light up the error, and the engine try to stall.

I changed 2 front BCS and bypassed the rear one.

This problem is making me crazy!
    Last edited by tiagtc; 21st September 2017 at 07:45 PM.

I can imagine - tried clearing all stored codes with Tech2/disconnecting the battery to see if you get a different code back?
    TD Pro Race 1.2's | Airtec Intercooler | Brembo Drilled/Grooved Discs | K&N 57s Induction | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Double Decat | EP Silencer Delete | Remus Cat Back | 5000K HIDs | Boost & Water Temp Gauge | Pressed Plates

VXRed

Take battery lead off for 15mins. Just curious how have you bypassed the rear solenoid

Hi guys, at the moment I'm in Testing, because last night I found a little split in one of the boost hoses, now I changed this one, and the car seem go better with no issue, only the vacumm is less than normal, but today I'm going to try the battery off test.

For the rear Bypass I put here a picture of my vacuum setting

nothing mate, yesterday i have replace one IC hose, because have some split, the car went better for half a day after this repair, but last night the problem came back, this time without CEL or spanner light, but unstable Idle, misfire and backfire, the car is running too rich, i can smell strong exhaust vapour from the backbox

I have took the battery off for 1 hour, reset the ECU adaptivity, but nothing changed.

I really don't know what is causing this problem, I have read some post for the Z20lex, that opel/vauxhall installed a wrong atmospheric sensor, but in mine Z16LET is correct, only I'm able to check that the atmo pressure by Tech2 is checked @50Kpa, but with other diag tools, shown a pressure of 99Kpa.

I can't explain this.

There's some other reason causes this issue? exhaust manifold leak, lambda sensor, etc?

Hope next week arrive the replacement TB, and I'll try it, so if this not solve the problem, I'll check the timing.
    Astra H 1.6 Turbo Z16LET - Stage 2 remapped By ETP Solutions GmBh
    AIRTEC FMIC | Forge DV | NGK BKR6EIX sparkplugs | Full 2,5" Turbo-Back Exhaust | BMC Panel AIR Filter | Derestricted AIRBOX with Vectra C inlet pipe |

Dodgy idle and misfires could be coil pack which always **** up on the Z16 engine, but check your MAP sensor as well

I have already changed both few days ago, coilpack and map sensor 1st, Also spark plugs are new.

Update , few minutes ago the spanner light and 11065a error is back Again!

News 24/09: the car goes worst when the weather is rainy or genrally wet.
    Last edited by tiagtc; 24th September 2017 at 05:21 PM.
    AIRTEC FMIC | Forge DV | NGK BKR6EIX sparkplugs | Full 2,5" Turbo-Back Exhaust | BMC Panel AIR Filter | Derestricted AIRBOX with Vectra C inlet pipe |

Yesterday, I made a new diagnostic session with Tech2 and other Diag Tool, all sensor read good, I have some doubt only with ECT sensor and APS sensor.

ECT Sensor: goes to 97° in about 2 minutes

APS sensor: With Tech2 show 49 Kpa, with other tools show 99 Kpa

This problem is a Nightmare!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast