+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Tyres to increase grip on the wet?

Hey all, I have a VXR J and in the the under steer is almost unnoticeable Evan on 'spirited' drives on roundabouts however, in the wet it's ridiculous! Minimal turning angle and/power application sends the front wheels sliding and spinning all over the place. I was running pzeros all around and the issue was present but not as bad but I have since had some tyres fitted (for free so can't complain to much!) by the dealership and they threw on some nasty unpronounceable ditch finders that constantly try to kill me.

So my question is what tyres have you guys and gals noticed perform well in both wet and dry conditions?

Most tyre manufacturers will say their tyres will be good in both wet and dry but they perform vastly differently depending on the car in which they are installed so I thought I would ask my fellow VXR associates!

Much love

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

I use Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tyres and they have fantastic grip in the dry and the wet. Whatever you buy, make sure they are 'A' rated Wet Grip.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport or Pilot Sport 4S work great, but they are not cheap.

VXRed

I read that in a lot of reviews but when I had this issue with my Astra H VXR the guy from National tyres said he wouldn't touch em with a barge pole which confused me. He recommended Dunlops although I went for Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3. Still get the issue of wheel spin in 3rd with them .

VXRed

I had pilots on my other car and they were great but like you said not cheap! Thanks Robert I will keep an eye out for that A rating!

pilots all day long for me!, however if it’s wet weather grip your looking for and don’t fancy the price of pilots then give khumo ecsta a try or yokohama advans. iv used both before and are really good in the wet
    Arden Astra J VXR
    Miltec exhaust with sports cat, regal rss induction, mtech short shifter, stage 1 map running 324

I'm in a corsa not at Astra J (as much as I'd like to be ) but I have Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on and they're brilliant in the wet!

They're not BAD in the dry by any means, but not as good in the dry as past tyres I've had such as Eagle F1s or Conti sport 5.
    | Star Silver Corsa VXR | Milltek Turbo Back W/ Cobra Decat | Ramair Cone W/ Fog Light Air Feed | JS Performance Coolant & Intake Hoses | Airtec FMIC | 395cc Injectors | Forge Recirc | Walbro 255 fuel pump | Forge Subframe Brace | Boot Brace | 50mm H&R Springs W/ Bilstein Shocks | Mtech Short Shifter | Uniroyal Rainsports | Triple R Splitter | OPC Fog Surrounds | Mesh Lower Grille | RS Tuning Mapped | 233 BHP / 251 lb ft |

Quote Originally Posted by SHM View Post
    Hey all, I have a VXR J and in the the under steer is almost unnoticeable Evan on 'spirited' drives on roundabouts however, in the wet it's ridiculous! Minimal turning angle and/power application sends the front wheels sliding and spinning all over the place. I was running pzeros all around and the issue was present but not as bad but I have since had some tyres fitted (for free so can't complain to much!) by the dealership and they threw on some nasty unpronounceable ditch finders that constantly try to kill me.

So my question is what tyres have you guys and gals noticed perform well in both wet and dry conditions?

Most tyre manufacturers will say their tyres will be good in both wet and dry but they perform vastly differently depending on the car in which they are installed so I thought I would ask my fellow VXR associates!

Much love

Sam

First of all understeer in a J, r u sure ??

Those tyres should be OK, but I think there is something dramatically wrong with your car as it should spin like that with a limited slip of that calibre - I suggest your car was never checked initially for the gearbox/lsd issue and may have slipped the net, contact customer services/local stealer to have that checked out.

Dunlops Sport Maxx are the best for the H but unsure what is for the J's

hth

running mpss , no issues wet or dry . standard fitting on my J (64plate) understeer with LSD ??? throttle control.
    mac

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

running mpss , no issues wet or dry . standard fitting on my J (64plate) understeer with LSD ??? throttle control.
    mac

BUZZ BLUE GTC VXR mid life crisis & loving every minute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast