+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Personal choice (across several cars) for grip are continental. Always found them to be seriously grippy tyres in the wet and dry. Just don't expect them to last long though.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Personal choice (across several cars) for grip are continental. Always found them to be seriously grippy tyres in the wet and dry. Just don't expect them to last long though.
    Conti and UK weather just isnt a valid mix, you seriously need to try a better tyre for the Vixer ie Dunlop RTs

However if you lived on the continent its a completely difference story.....

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    Conti and UK weather just isnt a valid mix, you seriously need to try a better tyre for the Vixer ie Dunlop RTs

However if you lived on the continent its a completely difference story.....
    Tyre Review disagrees with you -

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm

Astra

VXRed

I had Conti's on the H and my M3, great tyre. In wet or dry

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticH View Post
    I had Conti's on the H and my M3, great tyre. In wet or dry
    No better tyre imo. The only downside is the mega bucks that they cost for the time they last.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXR enough

I had Contis on my H when I bought it new. They were rubbish and I changed to the Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs, which I'd had on my old SRI 200. It became a totally different car in the dry and the wet. On the J, I had P Zeros from new and they were crap too. I changed to the Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs before the Pirellis were half worn and that transformed the handling. Traction control was always cutting in. Now it hardly ever does because the tyres grip so well.

I am running Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. The best tire I have ever tried. Quiet and sticks to the road in the wet and dry. And maybe best sidewall design.

I have been in the wheels and tire business for many years and had a lot of different tires.

Read the reviews here:
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...trac-Vorti.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Hummelshøj View Post
    I am running Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. The best tire I have ever tried. Quiet and sticks to the road in the wet and dry. And maybe best sidewall design.

I have been in the wheels and tire business for many years and had a lot of different tires.

Read the reviews here:
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vr...trac-Vorti.htm
    Vredesteins in general are really underrated

They are the only tyres I will ever buy as they are amazing value for money and the grip is sensational

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Default Tyres to increase grip on the wet?

The understeer is on roundabouts and there is no throttle applied just steering angle, lsd works great in the dry under acceleration but the best lsd in the world can't compensate for horrific tyres 😉. Totally agree on the p zeros (although still better than the oil slicks I'm running now!) think I'll just have the bite the bullet and pick one, leaning towards the dunlops I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe some extra driving lessons Try Hankook 107, best allround tires from my experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast