+ Reply to Thread

Default Coil Springs advice needed - MOT Failure.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted your opinions on this. My Astra failed its MOT earlier this week on a broken front passenger coil spring.

I have been on EuroCarParts and can get 2 Sachs springs for £104 (with discount) and I have also contacted Vauxhall who can get me 2 springs for £120 (with discount)

Any good/bad reviews on the Sachs?

I have no problem paying the extra for the Vauxhall part but my rear driver side coil spring broke last year too and wanted to see if you guys would recommend other than Vauxhall parts?

Obviously open to other brand suggestions.

Any help appreciated.

Dan.

Regional Assistant - Scotland West f1slikki's Avatar

Perfect opportunity to get daps or einbach lowering springs mate
    Arden Astra H VXR/Stage 2/6k Afl's/19"Gloss Black Alloys/Powerfold Mirrors/Sight & Light Pack/Parking Sensors/Keyless Entry,Start/Full Remus&Oil Restrictor Bolt By Jigger/Blue,Red SMD By Stampede/Drilled & Grooved Discs/Tints/Green Cotton Filter/Carbon Iinlays/VXR Grill Badge/Private 3D Gel Carbon Plate/Team Hekos/Stubby Bmw Ariel/Debadged//Indicator Surrounds/C,C Bootstrip/Led Side & Plate Lights/VXRO Stickers/

Quote Originally Posted by f1slikki View Post
    Perfect opportunity to get daps or einbach lowering springs mate
    Agreed. It's breaks...upgrade😂

Done this on my Civic. Rusted spring so good time for a set of Eibachs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on all of the above. Never looked back.
    Stage 2 280bhp 330 torques, Remus exhaust, RARB and DAP springs

Put there is a seller on eBay flogging Eibach pro springs. They come from Poland but they are about 122 quid delivered. Bargain. I got a set for the EP3 from the same seller

Quote Originally Posted by danlee View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted your opinions on this. My Astra failed its MOT earlier this week on a broken front passenger coil spring.

I have been on EuroCarParts and can get 2 Sachs springs for £104 (with discount) and I have also contacted Vauxhall who can get me 2 springs for £120 (with discount)

Any good/bad reviews on the Sachs?

I have no problem paying the extra for the Vauxhall part but my rear driver side coil spring broke last year too and wanted to see if you guys would recommend other than Vauxhall parts?

Obviously open to other brand suggestions.

Any help appreciated.

Dan.

My experience of this is don't go Sportsline etc.... the ride is terrible and the handling isn't that much better, especially if you are on the superior 18" rims...... imo

I fitted Eibachs not for the lowering bit, but I found myself in exactly your situation and thought that was the most effective way forward - NOT !

Either buy std equipment which to be fair is good ( esp if you have a RARB fitted ) or if you really want to upgrade/improve there is only one real way - fit Billy's ( coilovers ) and DT are offering a special on them I think atm

hth

Sportlines are the worst! Been there done that. Eibach Pro's, DAPs or Bilstein B14s way forward 👍🏼

+ Reply to Thread