+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaking Shock

VXR newbie

Default Leaking Shock

Getting a rattle/knocking noise from n/s front when going over any sort of bump. Sounds like the exhaust is hitting the chassis but that isn't the problem. Checked all suspension joints including drop links and all seem tight. Discoverd Strut is leaking could this cause that type of noise?
    TIA

Depending on how bad it is might cause coil to move a little.
    Also check the coils had a 54 plate veccy and the coil snapped and was rattling around in side the coil.
    The nuts may be tight but as the shocks gone it might of worn the joint of the drop link, jack her up, axle stand then jack under wishbone and feal for any slack on droplinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Thanks, will try that next then.

VXR newbie

Just an update and a Thanks to Jon1796. Although there was no sign of wear on the drop link in situ once removed it was obviously shot and was the cause of the knock. The shock is leaking so just ordered a new one.

Are you putting on ids or other, has it already been replaced ?
    You done the mucky part I just sat on me **** drinking whisky.... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

IDS as car is used for work so have to keep it standard for insurance purposes. Strut has arrived just got to fit now. Hope you have recovered from your fall

VXRed

This happened to my car within the first day of buying it from a reputable garage! There was a rattle noise from the front nearside whenever I went over a bump or pot hole. I felt the firmness of the front suspension on either side by just pressing down on the car, and the nearside was far softer than the offside. Took it to a friend at a Kwik Fit and he put it up on his ramp and confirmed the front shock and upper mount had gone. Also discovered the rear nearside shock was leaking (although I hear no noise with this).
    Garage were good enough to get it fixed at their expense.

+ Reply to Thread