+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default She goes tommorow..end of lease

So that's it, 2years!
    It has flown by but had fun along the way..

In two years, 16000 miles she's been the Assen in Holland, Le Mans in France (never tracked-italian events) stolen recovered once, serviced once, one new radiator, one new bonnet sensor, one new expansion cap and lots of fun.

I don't regret it one bit but car certainly has its flaws. I don't think I would of bought new but looks to be a used bargain!

It is sad as it was our first brand new car on the drive and was very exited when delivered!

She's being replaced with a Seat Ateca 1.4 tsi when ever the dam thing arrives.

Will let you know how it goes tommorow with collection.

How did it get stolen? I was thinking of the 'E' in the future, don't want to go for something that is easy to steal though. I've heard that some of the Ford's can be nicked in 30 secs.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed

The house was broken into for the keys. These are not easy to steal I believe.

The saving grace to be honest was on -star.

The car was located in a remote location within an hour on false plates the other side of town. They attempted to strip panels to disable tracker but believe onstar is wired throughout the car. Well worth the subscription costs.

VXRed

Is yours through ALD and going back via British Car Auctions? Do you anticipate any charges after they inspect it?

Mine goes back end of October and will follow it to auction to buy it, I am just hoping loads will have gone back by then and so those wanting to pick them up at auction will have filled their boots and I don't get too much competition for mine.

VXRed

Ok shes gone back today. Just a few tiny marks picked up. Stone chips light scratch on door handle and wing mirror.

I am expecting nothing but we shall see. Will update.

Quite sad seeing her driven away, the car is going straight the auction place locally.

There' s some already gone back as i have registered on the BCA website and can see the catalogue. The ALD auctions for Birmingham are on Mondays so will expect mine to be in next Monday. Will keep and eye on these as i feel there is a bargain to be had given the price paid for the lease. I reckon given the autotrader listings a car with 15-20k probably be had at auction for under 10k.
    You may have to be registered as a trader although.

Tbh, prices (retail) for the 'E' that I was seeing recently indicated that residuals were looking quite poor. In many cases similar examples of the 'D' but a year or two older had screen prices that were actually higher.
    The current lease costs are now expensive for what they cost to buy, so the low residuals are probably now affecting this.
    SAVE THE VXR AND STOP BUYING SUV TOSH!

VXRed

So the vxr has been finally appraised and now online at British car auctions website for the auction next Monday.

Hop down to a bca auctions guys for an ex lease bargain!

VXRed

Mine was sold at auction today, it started at £9.8k had no bids then dropped and had 1 bid at £9.5k

I was going to buy it until I bought an ST-3 at the weekend. I would have been happy with it at £9.5k.

+ Reply to Thread