+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Looks a BEAST 👍

VXRo Official Translator Darkrain82's Avatar

Default Finally in a VXR

And so it begins 😀

Or at least it does when Vauxhall have finished checking the gearbox out! Want to make sure the car is perfect before I do anything that might void the warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Motor looks gleaming mate!

Nice upgrade!
    Astra Nürburgring Edition No.534

VXRed

Looks cool mate.

I look forward to seeing what you do with it, maybe some more vinyl goodness, was good to meet you at trax, will you be putting the modified headlights on it from your other one?

Toys, toys, toys 😀

Well, the car is currently sitting with Vauxhall for a gearbox diagnosis/repair. It had a weird whining noise in 1st, 2nd and some of 3rd (especially noticable at low revs) which made a noise like reverse gear.

So far they've had some to and fro between the franchise dealership and Vauxhall themselves to perform various checks. Obviously no modifications found, correct type and level of gearbox oil, no metallic swarf, BUT they did find excessive play between each of the gears.

They've quoted me £440 for removal and inspection of the gearbox which apparently VX will pick up the tab on if it's done under warranty (still under the manufacturer's one, which I didn't realise. I thought it was NetworkQ) but if it's not then I'm likely going to return the car as not fit for purpose which gives them 2 choices.

1. VX Pay for the warranty work, I drive away and modify the hell out of the car thus voiding any future warranty and keeping me out of their hair
    2. VX refuse to pay for the warranty work, and I return the car within the first 30 days of sale, they're forced to rectify the fault to resell it and give me back what I've paid, then try and sell the car on with 3 owners on the book instead of the current 2.

I'd like to think I know which one they'd pick, but I'm waiting to hear back with their decision on the warranty fix before I make any sort of proposal of that nature.

VXRed

Sorry to hear you have had issues mate, I had similar yet different problems with mine. Mine went wrong on the day I got it, horrific vibrations and gearbox clonking.

Long story short and many moans at VX customer service, I now have a new gearbox. Its been near 5months since I picked up the car. Not exactly impressed with VX customer service, nor the dealer I got it from.

I will not be buying another VX I don't think, my H also had the infamous gearbox problems and tbh, it was easier out of warranty. Part of me wishes I had just returned the car and kept my H.

Took your time Jamie! Nice motor tho
    Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
    **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Default Finally in a VXR

Well Bristol Street motors were less than useless, as was the field technical manager that customer service booked to look at it for the dealership and didn’t bother coming out at all! So I picked the car up and drove it back to where I bought it. Told them they could keep it and that I’d be getting my money back.

To be fair to them they weren’t the cause of the delay, but have offered to pay my fuel, for a new gearbox and have the car delivered back to me within a week so we’ll see how Thurlow Nunn compare to Bristol Street.

I will say even with the dodgy gearbox noise the VXR is an absolute treat to drive, I’m in proper love with it.

Last edited by Darkrain82; 3rd November 2017 at 10:16 PM.

The car is back!!

New gearbox under warranty, the whining noise has gone and now been replaced by another noise... a childish "Wheeeee!" from the driver's side every time I put my foot down

Bristol Street - Waltham Cross branch were a pile of ****, too scared and clueless to work on the VXR. Will be avoiding them for any future work needing doing (although I shortly plan to void the warranty real hard anyway) and taking the car instead to GCAP in london.
    Thurlow Nunn - Diss Branch (where I purchased the car) were as good as gold, and managed to get my car in, assessed, gearbox ordered and fitted in just over a week

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast