+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Are you VXR enough?

Default Do you notice the same?

Just wondering if any 1 else has noticed a difference in the way the car pulls with a passenger in the car? I usually only have a play in mine on my own and it feels fairly quick but tonight I took a mate out and it certainly dint feel all that .it felt like I had 2 or 3 people in it really dint feel like normal then I dropped him off and I give it some and felt a massive difference like normal. I'm absolutely baffled thought he'd shi*e himself but he dint lol... my turbo is a bit tired but at mapping still made 290 and 310 tq. So surely shouldn't feel like a big difference with 1 person in car. Dose any1 else exsperiences This at all ? Or is this a result of my turbo not liking weight in the car ?? ... Confused
    Full 3" Piper turbo back, Airtec fmic, piper x cone, Dap r springs, tarrox g88 discs, EBC yellow pads, powerflex engine/gearbox inserts + rearbeam bushes, whiteline lower arms, vredstein ultrac vortis,courtnay retainers, turbosmart actuator + recirc. Courtnay sport stage 3 mapped.

A passenger will add something like 6% to the all up weight so it's not surprising there's a difference in performance. I can feel a difference between a full and quarter full fuel tank.
    Having extra weight in the car should make the turbo spool harder and sooner so their is the slight possibility that the ecu is detecting 'abnormal' conditions and backing off the throttle, that would show as less boost if you have a gauge fitted.

Are you VXR enough?

Cheers for the input. it still boosts to same pressures jus dint think 1 passenger would make it feel like that tho tbh .certainly hasn't got the same whippyness to it with a passenger. Maybey need new turbo sooner rather than later tbf. Cheers mate.
    Full 3" Piper turbo back, Airtec fmic, piper x cone, Dap r springs, tarrox g88 discs, EBC yellow pads, powerflex engine/gearbox inserts + rearbeam bushes, whiteline lower arms, vredstein ultrac vortis,courtnay retainers, turbosmart actuator + recirc. Courtnay sport stage 3 mapped.

You're just gutted your mate didn't s*** himself
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Haven't noticed any difference, but all my mates are skinny.
    Weight watchers? Might be a solution.
    Speed cameras and traffic wardens are a bad idea!

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    "what revs does the turbo kick in?
    "it kicked in 2k ago,fast innit?"
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnes View Post
    "what revs does the turbo kick in?
    "it kicked in 2k ago,fast innit?"
    "..."
    Yes this lol
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Are you VXR enough?

Lol jus dint think it would feel as different to what it did lmao.. he only a small bloke the car just seemed like it took for ever in 3rd. My turbo don't kick in hard until 3200 (well when I'm on my own maybey thats why with the added weight it can't cope was just very surprised at the difference specially for his size.I get it would make a bit of a diff but not like that surely. only way to describe it was as if it was n/a Lol. What's all your turbos coming in at . @3.2k mines 22 psi over boost holding 17. Sure mine should feel better under 3k than it dose I'd post my graph but not sure how. Maybey the turbo can't cope with extra weight lol .

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    Yes and that lol

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by vxrmjp View Post
    Haven't noticed any difference, but all my mates are skinny.
    Weight watchers? Might be a solution.
    Weight watchers would probly kill the poor bloke tbh . It was like having Mo Farah in the passenger seat after fasting for a week and trying to climb a hill in 6th gear from 10mph lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast