+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    ........I don't believe in the haldex generation being the culprit behind the failures anyway, but rather an undersized clutch pack. There are lots of gen. 4 VAGs outthere with lots of power and no clutch failures.......
    Maybe the haldex was spec'd for the Elite 2.8 auto which arrived a year before the VXR and has 'only' 350Nm of torque and probably a gentler transmission of that torque due to the auto-box/torque converter.
    Then the VXR was up for release and the accountants overruled the engineers and carried-over a slightly under-spec haldex.
    Insignia Elite 2.8T (2012), Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by El1te View Post
    Maybe the haldex was spec'd for the Elite 2.8 auto which arrived a year before the VXR and has 'only' 350Nm of torque and probably a gentler transmission of that torque due to the auto-box/torque converter.
    Then the VXR was up for release and the accountants overruled the engineers and carried-over a slightly under-spec haldex.
    That does not at all sound unlikely!
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    That does not at all sound unlikely!
    Probably the same reason they are not failing in large numbers in the USA, mostly hooked up to a NA 3.6 v6 which produces less torques.

Get the upgraded haldex and then more power

My haldex went twice as well, when i bought the car, and again after it was fully replaced under warranty, thats when i decided to go the thorney route, and no matter how i drive the car, and do drive it spirited sometimes, it hasnt skipped a beat, i see the upgrade also as an investment for the car itself, its only a matter of time before they go

VXRed blooded

Well I hot the dreaded awd message today, and that's with the Thorney upgrade. Less than 6000mls ago. Just as I'm on the brink of selling. Booked in for a diagnostic on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    Well I hot the dreaded awd message today, and that's with the Thorney upgrade. Less than 6000mls ago. Just as I'm on the brink of selling. Booked in for a diagnostic on Wednesday.
    Dammit.

It may just be the pump, i was worried it was the haldex as well, but once i researched the code, bought the part in myself, and got it changed, been fine since

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by spidasingh View Post
    It may just be the pump, i was worried it was the haldex as well, but once i researched the code, bought the part in myself, and got it changed, been fine since
    Here's hoping. I heard a loud thud and got a judder about 10 mins before I got the message. I drove into a parki g space in 1st on full lock and the car lurched. I'm expecting the worst though.

VXRed blooded

Spidasingh where did you get your pump from? I found 1 online at haldexrepairs.co.uk for £167. Is it the same 1?

Spidasingh where did you get your pump from? I found 1 online at haldexrepairs.co.uk for £167. Is it the same 1?
    I used eBay, the part number is:

Notes from my thread 'So the car was read, had codes C056E 42 and 46, rear differential clutch control module.

Cleared them all took for a drive and both came straight back on.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast